Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the true "king" of smoked meats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef for me too. I only eat pork when I have to or need to feed a big crowd cheap.

Comment

Depends what region of the country you are in......

Comment

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I live in what I believe is the largest pork producing steak by 2.5 country miles and prefer beef 🤪

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        glitchy Pork producing or pork smoking? Seems the biggest problem farmers your way are having right now is 10% beans on green stalks...YIKES!!

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        It hasn’t been a good crop growing weather year in a lot of the state. It’s been so dry in central Iowa that Ive lost part of my lawn.

Pork, chicken then beef!

Comment

Between butts, ribs, tenderloin and pork chops, pork is the clear winner. The question was about what end up on the smoker most frequently, so I didn't count burgers, grilled chicken, etc.
        Last edited by Steve R.; October 4, 2021, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Whatever strikes my fancy, as I love the challenge of just dealing with what I have to make good food.

Comment

Beef. It's what's for dinner. https://www.nebeef.org/

Comment

Smoking? Pork wins.

Comment

I cook more pork ribs then about anything else, but, I generally are making them because I am selling them. If it was I am making for myself, it is most definitely beef.

Comment

Since the question is specific to smoking, I agree that pork goes in more than anything else. Actually, it's probably pork half the time, and the other half is split between beef, fish, chicken, etc. If I'm cooking on anything else, however, I find it's hardly ever pork.

I have been enjoying cooking outside a lot this summer, but am experimenting a lot more. While I find myself using the smokers as much as I always have, I am cooking outside a lot more often and using a lot of other equipment and/or cooking methods. Frying shrimp/onion rings/taquitos/etc., pizza in the pizza oven, anything on the griddle. Short version is that I am cooking a lot more, to the point where my smokers are becoming my least used appliances, even though I am still smoking at least weekly.

Don't mean to go down a rabbit hole, but for some reason this question made me realize I am cooking a lot more often and a lot more variety than in the past.

Comment

HOT DOGS!!!

Comment

Beef, chicken, then pork here.

Comment

I would have to say good old smoked SLC pork ribs. A very close second - Beef short ribs.

Comment

Pork, chicken, beef....in that order...

Comment

Pork for me. Ribs, spares or SLC's mostly, way more than butts. Also the occasional country ribs. Very occasional beef ribs or chuckie. And less than a handful of briskets to date.

Comment

Pork for me also - SLC ribs or pulled pork.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here