Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick & Easy Mini Meatloaf on the grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick & Easy Mini Meatloaf on the grill

Got the idea from Cooks Illustrated for a quick weeknight meal. 50/50 Pork / Beef, basic meatloaf recipe, formed into roughly 3x4" loaves. Tried a front sear but too tender for that, so brought up close to 160 then seared. Glazed with 50/50 peach preserves & my BBQ sauce. They were pretty darned good and made nice portions for dinner and leftovers.

The small size cooked fast and held up great on the grill.
    Attached Files

I like to make small ones too. Much easier to freeze and reheat. I take them right from the freezer and plop them in the sous vide pool.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6B7E6DF0-966A-4F83-B418-3646B62A22C1.jpeg
Views:	163
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	1099363
      I like the idea of meatloaf sliders,,,,,
      But,,,,,

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks like it belongs in my belly, with a side of PBR

I also make 'em small - sized for one meal and leftovers are freezable.

Comment

Loose on the grill smaller is the way to go. Make sure they are COLD when they go to the grate. Helps them hold together early. Meatloaf is one of the most underrated meat items to cook on the grill IMO.

Comment

Nice idea, had meatloaf tonight. SWMBO likes the idea and next time.
          Like the looks of the pan they are in.

Comment

Excellent cook, an idea!

Certainly love to hear bout yer BBQ Sauce...

Comment

Isn't a small meatloaf simply a large burger?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here