Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Grail for grill collectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Grail for grill collectors?

Ok so I’ve been wondering about this for a long time. Is there a grill equivalent to Superman comic #1? Many hobbies seem to have one or two brands, or models or whatever that are like finding the holy grail. For example, if you are in to collecting BMX bikes, a Redline Square Back is generally considered to be the collectors holy grail of BMX bikes, i.e.rare, old, first of its kind, etc.

Is there a grill version of such a thing?

I’d assume a early Weber, PK, or Hasty Bake from Year 1.

Comment

Great point for pondering. I have little clue but I am intrigued. I know the 50s Webers & PK Grills are popular for being early originals, but I've never given a lot of thought beyond that. I will enjoy following this one.

Comment

I’d love to have one of the early OKJ’s that Joe hand numbered.

Comment

You find this stuff on eBay right? Or is there a secret grill collector site that we need to drool over?

I am creating a list of eBay searches now….

Comment

I’d like one of the modified Weber Ranch kettles from the Weber restaurant that recently closed down. They look over built and have some bitter sweet history to boot.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Jfrosty27
              Jfrosty27 commented
              Editing a comment
              +1 on that. 👆

• Joey877
              Joey877 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, count me in on one of these.

Hmmm…Any idea what happened to them?

The Weber Ranch kettles from the restaurant, that is.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here