Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meatloaf, cracker barrel knock off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meatloaf, cracker barrel knock off

I know, google is my friend, I hopping someone here has tested one and deem it good.

Can’t help,,,,,
    But I luv meatloaf,,,,,
    Ill be watching

Comment

Never have had Cracker Barrel meatloaf, but I know there are some outstandin receipts here on th site fer some meatloafs that'll knock yer socks off...

Comment

My favorite meatloaf is Alton Brown's. Give it a try. Not exactly what you were looking for but worth trying, I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyJ View Post
          I know, google is my friend, I hopping someone here has tested one and deem it good.
          DING!

I have. It’s my go-to meatloaf recipe. Almost all of them are the same, there are slight differences in proportions. I use the one from The Cozy Cook. I don’t stress too much about exactness for it, and it readily accepts substitutions (bbq sauce for a glaze, etc).

Comment

Mexican Meatloaf
            (Hotness is somewhere between mild & medium)
            Ingredients
            1. 1 to 1 ½ lbs ground meat (beef, venison, elk, etc)
            2. 1 lb tube of Jimmy Dean HOT sausage
            3. 2 eggs
            4. 1 medium finely diced onion
            5. 1 finely diced green pepper
            6. ¾ cup oatmeal
            7. 2 packages of Taco Seasoning mix
            8. 3-4 spoons of Salsa OR BBQ Sauce **
            Directions
            Preheat oven to 350*F OR smoker/pellet grill to 225*F.
            Combine items 1 thru 7 above.
            For oven, place mixture in a foil lined loaf pan 9” X 13” size works well.
            Cook at 350*F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until internal temperature (IT) is 160*F.
            For smoker/pellet grill, form into 3 loaves and place on a foil covered baking/cookie sheet.
            Smoke at 225*F for 2 hours or until IT is 160*F.
            When the IT reaches 160*F, cover the outside of each loaf with either the Salsa OR the BBQ Sauce and continue to cook for an additional 10 (BBQ Sauce) or 15 (Salsa) minutes.

** We like Newman’s Own Salsa and Blues Hog Smokey Mountain BBQ Sauce. You can’t go wrong with either choice.

Comment

I have eaten at a Cracker Barrel a couple of times. always good. Meatloaf should be good too.
              Last edited by bbqLuv; August 19, 2021, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Mosca
                Mosca commented
                Editing a comment
                The meatloaf is the hot ticket.

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                Hot ticket for my belly. Thx U

My mom made my favorite meatloaf and it was a dump recipe without much measuring. Lots of Quaker oats and Heinz ketchup and tons of love. I make my own version that passes for it but mine is more tender. Mom's could be served cold for sandwiches with the meatloaf slices used as the bread - truly a loaf!!

Comment

My Grandmother's was pretty basic but delicious. As I recall, salt, pepper, egg, ground chuck, garlic powder, and chopped up bacon. Topped with a little ketchup and maybe a little more mixed into the loaf itself.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here