Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World class BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friends in Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico, often eat insects that are toasted and served in fresh tortillas with salsa, onions and chiles.

News story about eating insects in Mexico City -

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      My friends store in DTSA sells chili bugs and chocolate coated bugs.

The times I have visited Norway I found that most of the hamburgers I ordered didn't taste like beef. my cousin in Brumenddal told me that many places serve Ox or Musk Ox burgers and steaks. it tasted similar to buffalo meat. maybe some of the awesome Norwegian pit members can offer some info on this (or the Swedes if they can figure out how to post a reply !

Whale meat is very common in Norway, also. I was not a fan but would certainly give it a try smoked!

Comment

If it brings 2 or more together, it is world class.

Comment

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point Richard!

Growing up in Minnesota (and still there) there were hamburgers, hot dogs, and well done steak on the grill and it was called BBQ. All I can add is that now we're working on lower, slower, and better final results! A work in progress. Lol.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Growing up in Georgia, it was pretty much the same. We didn't eat out much, and my families version of BBQ, on one of those crappy flat open charcoal grills, sounds about like yours! I don't think things improved until my dad bought one of the first Weber gas grills at the local Ace back around 1984.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here