Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure where to post this - a warning about not using your grill....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Health Notice: If it's a field mouse, such as Peromyscus leucopus, the white footed mouse, they can carry hantavirus, which can be fatal to humans. The viral particles are in the urine and feces. So, put on your covid mask, gloves, then clean up their poop, bedding with care. I spray 10% bleach solution when cleaning up mice nests and droppings, both before (to keep the dust from rising) and after. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer.

Comment

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on this mouse feces and urine thing.
      Stuff like this is why my wife forced me to kill every living species of animal and plant within a 3 mile radius of our home.

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point. Thank you for posting.

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      A good reason to clean the inside of the grill and give it a good burn out before use.

Hunkered down because it's been raining cat's and dogs?

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Might not have to worry about the dogs. But the cats..........

Real estate getting expensive nowadays. I would charge him rent!

Comment

Cooked a turkey few years back in Charbroil big easy (infrared round cooker).
      Forgot to clean drip pan out that night.
      Next morning one of the dogs was freaking out around that cooker.
      Nothing in it or under but in the drip pan big ol tail hanging out. What the ...
      nasty possum sucked up all the juices and was stuck.
      Dragged the cooker out and released out back.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here