Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBCed rack of lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBCed rack of lamb

Alright so I marinated these tracks in Olive oil About a tablespoon of cumin About 2 teaspoons coriander About 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary A touch of cinnamon About a tablespoon of Aleppo peppers A bunch of grated garlic. Mix all that mess and pour it over the lamb marinate overnight. Fired up the PBC using kingsford competition charcoal. I was looking for temps around 315 degrees so I lit a full compact chimney. Half a basket of unlit charcoal. My PBC and I know each other well so I don't monitor the temps anymore. I did use my maverick 732 to monitor the meat. As you can see the PBC is screaming hot. Once the meat starts dripping, the heat will gradually settle. 40 minutes later, internal temp was at 124. See how the charcoal nicely settled down. I measured it after pulling out the meat and temp read 325, perfect. Now to the plate. I did a quick orange marmalade mint sauce About half a cup of smuckers orange marmalade About 2 tablespoons rice vinegar About a quarter cup of minced fresh mint About a tablespoon of Aleppo peppers. Mix all that mess. Roasted potatoes and mushrooms. A simple green salad. I tell you what, that PBC is worth every penny.

Wow dude....you sure cooked that to perfection!!!!

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Jerod

Beautimous! I'm shocked you have that kind of wall to wall red using the PBC. Very nice!

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      This was my first time cooking a rack on the PBC. I was just as shocked. Trust me I just hang the racks, no tricks involved.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      The wall to wall isn't that surprising with them hanging. It would be the top to bottom consistency that trips me out.

the color through out is wow, that's all I got, wow

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Charchamp. That PBC is magical, it's like cooker with built unicorn chefs and MSG.

As alway Ernest, simply AMAZING!
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 26, 2014, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Jon!!

I've got to echo all the WOWs. I personally like my rack of lamb a little closer to medium rare, but that looks like some good eating.

Any wood on there for smoke flavor, or is that all charcoal?

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you The Burn,
      All kingsford competition charcoal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here