Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is everyone getting their supplies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is everyone getting their supplies?

Looking for a supply house for my casings, spices, cures, enzymes, etc. for my venison sticks, etc.
    Where are you guys buying your stuff?

I get my casings from Syracuse Casings. What is nice they come on a tube, so you don't have to unravel them and feed them onto the horn. You just fit the tube to the horn and slide the casing over.

Spices I purchase locally from a natural food store that sells bulk.

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
      Oakgrovebacon commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a great resource! Thanks for sharing with the pit.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that link CN! Just added to my favorites.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used butcher-packer often enough to know they're reliable.

I have used both Butcher-Packer and Sausage Maker for online purchases. If I'm in a hurry, I can get most things at Todds BBI which is 20 miles away in Des Moines. They're all good!

Comment

In addition to Sausage Maker and Butcher-Packer, I use the following:

LEM Products offers high-quality meat processing equipment, jerky and sausage making supplies, and food preparation tools. We focus on making deer and game processing easy.

We sell a large variety of meat seasonings, sausage seasonings, fibrous and natural hog casings, meat cutting chart posters,butcher knives and How-To Meat Cutting DVD's. We have complete line of How-To Meat Processing DVD's.Hints/tips on how to buy, cut, cook beef, pork, deer. Tips on how to process venison. How to make beef/deer jerky/sausage. General old time butchershop hints, tips, how to's - any meat question answered. How to cut meat yourself.

Good service with both.

Comment

I have an LEM burger press. My grinder and sausage stuffer are Weston. Another source is Walton's, I have their rapid patty maker.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Keltonfoss Let me know when you are in town. The old KC in Kettle Falls is being transformed into a BBQ joint.

• Keltonfoss
          Keltonfoss commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll do that. Meanwhile.. I have some family and friends coupons that may be of interest to you around the holidays. Haha. Do you have a Pellet smoker? We are releasing our own brand of pellets here pretty soon.

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Keltonfoss PK360 and KBQ, so charcoal and wood only for me.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here