Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh ground country sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh ground country sausage

I have a question and this is something I've never done before. I raised a couple of hogs and took them to the Butcher and had them Slaughtered, I have some fresh country sausage that I'm wanting to put on the grill about the size of hamburgers after I Patty them out, does anyone know what the best temperature to cook these on our for a Weber kettle I will be using the Slow n Sear setup, I'm going to be cooking about eight of these patties. The patties are going to be about the size of a steak burger. I'm also open to the idea of doing something different other than the big hamburger style patties.

The last time I cooked sausage patties on a grill, I did them just like hamburgers.

Comment

Yeah, 160-165 would be good. Being that they are "Raw Non-Intact."

Comment

I'd reverse sear, get them to about 105 on the low temp side, and get them about where Jerod Broussard says on the high temp side. Be careful when you sear because the fat can flame.

Comment

I am curious. what did you do? Did you make the sausage or did the butcher? any pics?

Comment

Man, those sound gooder than $#¡+, Jimmie Rhoden !!!
            Let me know how this cook comes out, please!
            Oddly enough, bout an' hour ago, I was just wonderin' where ya' been, an' hopin' all was good in yer world, so I'm delighted to see a post!!!!
            Take care, an' enjoy, Brotha!!!

Comment

Fresh ground pork sausage is very good grilled. I have always cooked on an open grill like hamburgers. Just watch for flare ups from grease.

Comment

You gave me an idea of cooking sausage loose in my grill-wok. Then making some gravy & biscuits. Oooooh, smoked biscuits & gravy. Delight!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dang Good Stuff, I do it in a CI skillet!!!
                  Yummy!!!

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I do it in my CI all the time. I'm thinkin of that roasted smoke flavor .

I am thinkin' that FireMan has a great idea. I've never cooked sausage patties on the grill ' cause I want the dripping for gravy. So in a pan on the grill just might take sausage gravy and biscuits to a new level.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh yeah, it do that!

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sure works for butt "cutlets"!

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Smoke patties (indirect) on grill, then. Ya' can catch drippins in a pan. Win, Win!
                  Use both in th' gravy, cook eggs in th' grease, taters too...list is endless...
                  Oh, at least 'a new level'!

If you have time, do a 225 smoke. It will take about 2 hours, but it will be worth it.

Comment

The sausages did shrink a little bit when I did cook them ,but it wasn't nothing major, they were off the chain delicious and I agree with you guys. I think next time I'm going to smoke them low and slow at 225 to 235 and see if that helps with the smoke a little bit more.

Comment

Sounds delish. Pictures?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here