Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Beef Bologna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Beef Bologna

First time at smoking bologna but it won't be the last. This is a 5.5 lb chunk of beef bologna that I rub with MMD and painted some Heniz's sweet & spicy bbq sauce on it after a 3 hr smoke in the RecTec then got the meat slicer out and sliced it 1/4" thick. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0003.000.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	283230Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0006(1).jpg
Views:	512
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	283231

Looks really good. I've grilled bologna over charcoal, but I've never smoked it.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I'm planning on doing with some of this is grilling it RonB

That looks awesome - I'm definitely trying that. What type of wood did you use?

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      I used pellets which is a hickory, cherry and oak mix I think.

• Bob's BBQ
      Bob's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks DW!

Nice job! That looks tasty!

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      I need more practice at scoring it.

Wow looks awesome! Looks like your in for some killer sammies, on your next long haul!

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta try smoking up some Spam..

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      It is great stuff. Steve B

That looks great DWCowles Now I have to see if I can find a big hunk of Bologna like that to try!!

Comment

oh here is a question did you buy a special type of Bologna(like boars head)or just what you could find?

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't remember what that the name brand was just all beef bologna but it was expensive like $5.xx per lb.. I got this one at Wally World.

Next step= Fry in a cast iron skillet till slightly charred, with thick slices of Velveeta. Serve on white bread/toast, although left over pancakes work just as well!! Don't forget the MW, mayo, and/or Frenches yellow.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a hunk of balogna. Looks great!

Comment

Smoked bologna - yummy and beautiful. Heinz's sweet & spicy is one of my favorites. I like Big Bob Gibson habanero and when I ran out I found this is fairly close to it.

Comment

Great Lookin' bologna, DWCowles !!!
            Hopin' I can find a hunk, or log local t' try!!!
            Smoke On!!!

Comment

That looks really good. I can't remember the last time I have had fried Bologna, but do remember that it was wonderful.

Not sure about the BBQ sauce although. How did you like the taste with the BBQ sauce?

Comment

Awesome.............

Comment

OMGoodness. How decadently wonderful DWCowles . Looks great. Now I'm wishing I had a meat slicer too...

Kathryn

Comment

• bardsleyque
                    bardsleyque commented
                    Editing a comment
                    don't you have a big chef knife?

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's tough for me to get evenly sliced 1/4 inch slices with my big chef knife, bardsleyque . I guess I need to hone my slicing skilz.

Kathryn

Fantabulous!!!

I love me some Bryan Beef Bologna.....have to smoke the whole pack next time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here