Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wild boar brats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild boar brats

Love making these brats! They take a little time and I know cutting the ends instead of twisting is cheating but it works just fine for us and saves time and the blow outs.
    Attached Files

Ya got me droolin'! We have wild boars around here, but the fish n game comes in around the lake anually, and thins the herd, from whirlybirds, instead of lettin us take care of the balance.

Edit: It is illegal to hunt wild boar in KS*, same as whirlybirds! ;-)

Except if they are on yer own property. Boars, not th' whirlybirds.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 20, 2016, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Care to share the recipe?

Comment

I have Never Seen a Feral Hog in ND but it seems there have been Sightings according to the NDGF! All sightings are to be reported to the ND Public Health Dept? I don't know what those City Slickers are going to do with a Wild Hog put it on AssBook? DO NOT SHOOT IT YOU WILL BE POACHING! Unless it is causing Damage to your Property then Blaze Away but Notify the NDPHD within 24 Hrs for Instructions for Proper Disposal?
            THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Comment

Sure! I used 15 lbs of ground wild boar and 10 lbs of ground pork. I buy Jerry's bratwurst seasoning from Walton's in Wichita. Not a very exciting recipe but the results are quite amazing.

Comment

Looks awesome! Great job. The ignorance of some of these state governments regarding feral hogs is astounding. They're an INVASIVE SPECIES! You do not want them in your state. The amount of habitat destruction that they cause is unbelievable. Here in PA there is a shoot on site policy. You can't actually get in trouble for not shooting them but I've heard of hunters getting strong reprimands from game wardens when they mention that they saw a hog but didn't attempt to kill it. Plus, they're delicious!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here