Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I put on these Texas sausages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I put on these Texas sausages?

I’m thawing out a few sausages I got from Franklin bbq. They look like they’re uncooked, but I know how to deal with that.

So, what will these be? Like kielbasa maybe? I guess I’ll grill them on the BGE with some smoke, but I don’t have time to smoke them like a couple hours.

Put BBQ sauce on them. But put out several selections and try them all.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Huh. Okay.

I was actually going to put brown mustard and sauerkraut, figuring German. But I can use BBQ sauce, easy.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      +1. 5 or 6 different sauces…

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Mustard and sauerkraut are good in addition to the sauces…imagine different flavors for every bite!

When I am short on time I Par-Boil the sausage 1st.... then grill

If they have a high fat content, I split them length wise and cook skin side up!

BBQ Sause & Onions

Kraut & Mustard

Kimchee & Sirracha

(Nothin' beats smoked sausage)

Comment

If raw, smoke to cook. Probably eat them nekked, or on a saltine with a dash of hotsauce. Thats how us down here usually eat them.

Comment

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Nekked was my first answer, trying something new I want to taste it not a buncha condiments.
        Next one dress it up....

They are fully cooked. I did the BBQ sauce thing, they’re pretty good actually. I put Cooper Sharp Black Pepper cheese on it.

I got four more, maybe I’ll have one for breakfast tomorrow, scramble an egg on it or something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6A77C5A4-1C48-40A3-94A5-D421C57275AA.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	1252019

Comment

Yeah we don't eat them on buns lol.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          You eat them the way you like them. I have been known to drink scotch with a straw, lol

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          Dice them up and throw them in with some scrambled eggs. Serve on tortillas with a little salsa and cheese. Or, we Texans grill/smoke at about 275 until the skin gets a good snap - if raw the IT needs to hit around 155-165 but may go higher to get that snap in the skin. Eat as-is with no condiments. Or, cook however you wish - anyway is pretty good with Texas links.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like an Oktoberfest sausage.
          Nekked or with a honey or sweet mustard.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here