Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE Critical Hot Dog Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy, all the hot dog threads going today!! 🌭

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll take credit for this.

• scottranda
      scottranda commented
      Editing a comment
      Same 😃

As if ketchup on a hot dog wasn't stomach turning enough, mayo? MAYO? MAYO!? Is this just some sick joke? I can't believe y'all are serious. Like Nancy Reagan used to say, "Just say no."

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you have misunderstood. The mayo replaces the ketchup thus solving 2 problems. A crappy condiment is vanquished and the best condiment is enlisted to accentuate the flavor of the dog.

SWMBO does, but I love her anyway.

Comment

I’ll answer this in the form of a riddle.

I do two of these regularly, and one is just the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. Which one is crazy?

1) Eat a peanut butter and onion sandwich.
      2) Put lots of pepper on my cantaloupe.
      3) Put mayonnaise on a hot dog.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        #1 is pretty damn nuts

• Sid P
        Sid P commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack I know from your hot dog thread that you’re willing to experiment, so give it a try. If you like both onions and peanut butter, you’ll love them together.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had PB on a burger so I could fathom it.

This one time at Band camp…

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Continue……

This makes me kinda miss the "salt" threads from last month.

Comment

Duke's mayo, maybe, but I wouldn't tell anyone and I'd eat it out in the woods where no one could see me.

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Check out my posts on Dutch Mayo for recipes.

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Richard Chrz Troutman calls it unicorn snot. After trying it on that recommendation a few years ago I have to agree. Order direct from them, they are a great company to work with.

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha! So…no miracle whip?

…….>>>>>>>>>>>>>Runs out the door quickly…..

No.

Comment

No sir!

Comment

Mayo 100% of the time at home. 90% of the time I add - pico heavy in jalapeños and cheese. Ketchup with hot sauce is a must, as well. Sometimes sweet relish if the pico is strong. Dogs must be 1/4 pound.

If I am at a ballpark I go traditional with ketchup, mustard, relish and a lot of onions - no Mayo.

Comment

I’ll never put mayo on a hot dog. Mayo is my most hated condiment. I can stand it mixed in to some things as an ingredient but never on its own.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                You spelled "ketchup" wrong.

It’s not a given - like mustard - but it’s a frequent addition…unlike ketchup, which is never added!

Comment

California style. Grilled to a light char, with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, mayo.

Comment

I add mayo (in particular, Hellmann's)

Comment

I do, occasionally, use mayo, but how much will depend on the other condiments present. Richer tasting mayo's like Kewpie, are my choice. Homemade is the best for me, as I usually have some in the fridge.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here