Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spaghetti Squash--Anyone a Fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a fan of cooked squash, but I make an exception for spaghetti squash with lots of butter, salt and pepper.

Kathryn

Comment

We grow them every year. Our favorite is to shred, toss with evoo, crumbled feta, black olives, and a little S&P

Comment

Halved, roasted with butter and simple seasonings. I've never pretended it was pasta, but it makes a great side when topped with a little Parmesan. 40-45 minutes at 400 seems to do the trick.

Comment

I can't sand squash. Acorn, Butternut, pumpkins, patty pans, crookneck, batwing gourds etc. Just not my thing, I've spent hours and hours picking them over the years, so maybe that has something to do with it!

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Not even zucchini or crooknecks? Man, you need to get some help. I could understand someone passing on "The Official Vegetable of Hell" (Brussels sprouts), but squash?

• Skip
            Skip commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker, we've got an awesome recipe from my Wife's friend. I guess we won't have that next time you stop. Lol!

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I will say that I'm not a fan of the scent of raw squash.

We like most all we've tried.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here