Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lasagna cooking temperature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lasagna cooking temperature?

It makes sense for a meat lasagna to be cooked to an internal temp of 165 for obvious reasons

But what temp should a veggie lasagna be cooked to? The same 165 degree that a meat lasagna requires,, or something else?

If your pre-cooking your veggies I would say 165 as a rule.
    Building and cooking with raw veggies, boy, probably a 2 or more hour cook.
    Have lots of sauce to keep it from drying out.

Comment

I hope there’s Portabello mushrooms in that lasagna! I’ll be right over!

Comment

• WillTravelForFood
        WillTravelForFood commented
        Editing a comment
        No portos, but lots of eggplant. An Ina recipe

US Federal guidelines state 165F for casseroles and such. E. Coli and other nasty beasts survive well on vegetables as evidenced by all the vegetable recalls over the past several years.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here