Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Baked Spaghetti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Baked Spaghetti

This is my take on Baked Spaghetti. I'm sure everyone knows what baked spaghetti is but just in case. Typically you take cooked spaghetti noodles and mix in your favorite marinara sauce, top with shredded cheddar (or what ever cheese you prefer) olives & green onions. Put it in a casserole dish and bake in the oven uncovered at 350 until the chesses starts to bubble and begins to brown.

What I've started doing is 86ing the oven and the casserole dish.

I put my spaghetti concoction in a foil pan. Set my kettle grill up for indirect and bring it to 350. Put 1 small chunk of apple wood and cook until the cheese bubbles and starts to turn brown. Be careful with the amount of wood you use because the sauce and the cheese will really suck in that smoke. Once its done take it off the grill to rest for about 5 minuets.

While it's resting I spread my mothers famous spread (mayonnaise, parmesan cheese & garlic, sounds terrible but when cooked? off the hook) on 2 halves of a loaf of French bread and place the bread spread side up on the grill and cook until that spread starts to turn brown. You have to watch close because that spread will go from white to brown in a matter of minuets. A green salad, some red wine and you have a nice smoked Italian dinner that you and your guests will certainly enjoy.

Again with this dish be careful with the amount of wood you use.

Probably could do the same thing with lazogna. I think I will try that. OBTW, has any one tried smoked Mac & cheese? How did it turn out?

Comment

I'm sure you could, again the sauce and cheese really attracts the smoke so be careful, unless all you like tasting is smoke. I haven't tried Mac & Cheese but I think tomorrow would be a good time to try it out

Comment

Going to add this to my to do list. THANKS Duaugo!

Comment

Draugo26, As Jon Solberg and mackdaddy have just said I put you on my list! Now if I can remember where I put my lists? Dan

Comment

Thanks for the recipe idea! I have a post in here somewhere where I baked a lasagna on my offset with 100% logs. It was off the hook good. I smoked the sauce in shallow pie pans while the smoker was heating up, then baked the whole thing on it. Puts a whole new dimension on a classic dish.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
              PaulstheRibList commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't wait to do that!

Smoked Mac and Cheese is incredible. I like a light smoke on my baked mac and cheese - I use Alton Brown's M&C recipe as a base.
            Draugo26 - try swapping the mayo for Miracle Whip sometime. A little more tangy version of the same spread.

Comment

• Draugo26
              Draugo26 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll give that a try, thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here