Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hampton Inn Burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hampton Inn Burgers

Yes you read that correctly. There's a good reason why I got into sous vide cooking, I'm on the road quite a bit and I hate mediocre food.
    Let's make some burgers:
    Beef was ground, patties formed and simply seasoned with Black pepper. I skipped the salt because I wasn't sure when I'd have the time to finish them.
    Quickly seared them, high heat. Don't want to cook them just yet.....at home

Toss them in the freeze for about 30 minutes, and vacuum seal. Pack in a cooler and hit the road.

When you get to Hampton Inn (hence the name), hit the hot tub time machine to 145. Drop the burgers in for at least 30 minutes.
    Prep your buns, Sriracha mayo. Yes those are anchovies. I love anchovies on burgers. Yes I packed some bacon.

Get the burgers out, pat dry, hit em with coarse salt. Pile on the buns, add some caramelized onions. YES I packed some caramelized onions. Add your cheese,

Now.....

Beats any take out burger!!

Long live sous vide cooking!!

That is a lot of gear to pack, but certainly understandable. I just spent a week up north eating their terrible food and Hilton food, I think next time I will buy a cheap grill at Walmart and do burgers outside, will probably make my money back.

Comment

It's more economical to pack than eat out. And you know exactly what you are eating.
      Now I don't know if Hilton will let you grill on their premises.

Comment

As of next week, my work is going to change. From all accounts, this is going to mean crazy hours for a while. I'm a little dubious about not cooking as much, but Ernest continues to be a beacon of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Mott View Post
          As of next week, my work is going to change. From all accounts, this is going to mean crazy hours for a while. I'm a little dubious about not cooking as much, but Ernest continues to be a beacon of hope.
          Where there's will there's a way.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here