Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Buns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me just repeating whats already been said. Everyone has great suggestions. Pretzel rolls are super sturdy. Brioche can be hit or miss says me, depends on how "loaded" the burger is. Kaiser’s are good (waiting for my malt barley syrup to arrive and that’s my next project). Potato rolls are good, too. I have had them soak up goodness without falling apart.

I used to work for a local burger restaurant company here and it was a science! HouseHomey theroc ofelles surfdog would know if I mentioned it.

Toast, toast, toast! It creates a kind of barrier. Sauces and veg on the bottom, more barrier from burger juices. Burger patty, cheese and maybe another topper (like mushroom, etc).
    Last edited by SheilaAnn; December 29, 2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah and +100 on ciabatta!!

Soooo PJ - did ya ever find brioche buns?

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! This was an old thread. Yep. I found them in my Kroger. And they are very good. Been using them with my occasional burgers since then.

If you have a Breadsmith store near you their buns and all their breads are excellent. They're mostly in the Midwest but there are a few stores scattered around the rest of the US. https://www.breadsmith.com/location/

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here