Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloody Mary Burger bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Mary Burger bar

This almost seemed like something that should have been done for years but it turned out so good I though I'd share the idea.

My wife was watching the Kitchen and they made a Bloody Mary catsup with the tpyical stuff you add to tomato juice to make a Bloody Mary. On it's own, the catsup is excellent and you can tweak to your own liking. Ingredients

• 1 cup ketchup
    • 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
    • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
    • 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
    • 1 teaspoon hot sauce
    • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    • 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    They also made burgers on the show.

The idea to combine the two things was ours.

We cooked and diced some bacon to add into the burgers (you could blend in if making your own ground beef)
    Cooked the burgers as usual but basted with the catsup 2X at the end to set the sauce
    Cheddar at the end (same as a typical cheese in the Bloody Mary)
    Butterd and toasted the buns with Lowrys Season salt to mimic the glass rim salt
    Added all the tyical Boody Mary accompaniments, celery, bacon, beef sticks, cheeze cubes, etc.

Now to find a way to add the vodka, perhaps in a mustard.

May also add some of the dry spices for the Bloody Mary to the burger on the second go round perhaps some beau monde seasoning or more horseradish.

I'ts a pretty flexible recpie but very tasty!

Attached Files

Great looking spread! I'm so trying this catsup.

Comment

Seen the same episode looked like a interesting recipe. Nice presentation on the spread ya got there!

Comment

Very interestin cook n writeup, amigo!
        Thanks fer sharin, I'll haveta try th ketchup, fer starters!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here