Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled or Fried burger Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled or Fried burger Poll

I will be receiving my Blackstone Griddle today.

I plan on doing a lot of research this spring and summer.

But what is your favorite way to cook a burger?

Flame grilled or Fried on metal
    Grilled
    46.15%
    Fried
    10.77%
    Both
    43.08%
    Last edited by ssandy_561; February 26, 2018, 02:25 PM.

I wish you put "or both". That would be my vote.
    Congrats on your new toy.

Comment

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      Both is there now

Thin - hot 'n fast on the Weber
    Thick - front sear, then slow finish on the Weber
    Fried - only if the weather is too bad to go outside, and then I usually saute some onions first and cook in the drippings to add to the flavor.

Comment

I cannot vote because I have never had a fried burger. Wonder if there is a combination. hot griddle on the hot SNS side and low on the other to get the smoky flavor.

Comment

• djl
        djl commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried a reverse sear in December - slow cooking my burgers on my grill while my cast iron pan heated up over the SNS. Got a nice crust, but not much of a grilled flavor. I should try again, but actually smoke them longer. I was in too much of a hurry and rushed it!

Love to drop a fat burger in a shallow pool of hot grease, get both sides black, wrap in foil and finish with heat somewhere else.

Comment

This is one of the main reasons I own a gas grill, but occasionally I'll cook burgers over charcoal. Almost never fry them anymore.
        Last edited by Attjack; February 26, 2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I almost always grill but have recently tried frying,I want to try "smashed"at some time as well.The blackstone looks like a really nice addition!

Comment

Love burgers both ways, but like griddled or fried a bit better for a great crust and maybe a bit more grease.

Comment

For me, I like both. Grilled better than fried, but sometimes I just want a quick burger and choose to forgo the hassle of starting one of the grills. Wife, on the other hand, almost won't eat a burger that hasn't been "kissed by the fire"! Therefor, most burgers get grilled around here. All are home ground lean venison burgers with 10-15% beef fat added. Haven't personally cooked store bought ground beef in over 40 years.

Comment

I like my burgers grilled for the most part but we do have a restaurant on Beale Street in Memphis that is famous for their fried burgers. They say the secret to their burgers is the grease, it is supposedly the same grease they started out with in 1912 just stained daily. I have had their burgers several times and they are always very good. Anyone interested in reading about them here is the link to their website http://www.dyersonbeale.com/

Comment

Thin burgers I either grill or pan fry, Big burgers (1/2-3/4lbs) I’ll smoke then sear

Comment

I gotta say, I prefer the term "griddled" to 'fried". Allow me to deceive myself.

Comment

• allsid
                      allsid commented
                      Editing a comment
                      agreed-

It's a burger. What is there not to like

Comment

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ahhhhh, very well put. True, if it’s good, it’s good.

I like both. To me grilled gives a flavor that a flat top can't duplicate, but the crust you can get on a griddle is pretty good too.

Comment

• JCBBQ
                      JCBBQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep

I thoroughly enjoy both. But "favorite" has to be a crusty, cast iron griddle-fried burger, not too thick. 2 patties just cause the crust is so good. Toasted potato bun. Melted cheese, sliced tomato, hold the lettuce, DUKE's mayo, yellow mustard, a pickle, some sauteed onions and jalapenos, extra crispy bacon. Lordy.

Comment

• JCBBQ
                      JCBBQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      BourBonQ texastweeter you guys ever try Kewpie mayo? It's a Japanese mayo. So good. My favorite at the moment.

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      With the illustrious mayo knife?

• BourBonQ
                      BourBonQ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      JCBBQ I'll look for it.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here