Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's settle the burger debate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Google burger looks correct to a lot of joints I have gone to. If you study these burger joints, you will notice one thing. They build your burger upside-down on the paper. Then wrap it, turn it over and serve it to you. I have started doing this with my burgers.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      You sir! Winner!! That's exactly what I did with that ridiculous burger above!

Give that man a cigar!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      But what’s that got to do with order of presedence?

Everything was fine until HH got involved. He rigged it. The whole voting thing is now messed up. Plus, HH plays dirty. He has the real thing & he knows what he’s doing, he actually engaged his brain. Hands down, oh, HH says we have to keep our hands up around the specimen, so forget about what I was going to say. This is still rigged.

Hey HH, where did you learn to do that? Marvelous it is!

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm simply a glutton. Love brother..

Mr. Bones FireMan you kill me.im a glutton sammich whore. No backing down from it.

Im required to own it.

Give the cold kitchen guy a break, just saying.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I was jus' givin' ya' yer propers, amigo!!!
      Attestin' to yer cred!
      We all can see it, some of us know how damn hard it is to earn it!
      Happy Halloween to yerself, Mama, th' Princess, an' alla th' other lil' Homeys!
      Peace, love ya'll, brother!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones FUBAR com. All good here. Appreciate the cover!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      We all good, Holmes!

I believe the coefficient of friction would be greatest with the Microsoft burger, especially with a toasted bun, eliminating the potential for the beef slipping out when biting down if you can't handle your burger properly.

Comment

I'm with @numb, no bacon, no vote!

Comment

Want to try something cool. Toast your bun/bread dry, toast and add mayo. See which one gets soggy faster and tears apart before you are finished. That's with normal fixings. Lettuce, tom, onion and pickle.
        Last edited by HouseHomey; January 27, 2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• phrogpilot73
          phrogpilot73 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was taught in Culinary School (yes, we had a whole day dedicated to sandwich construction) to use SOMETHING (mayo, mustard, aoli, smeared avocado) as a moisture barrier. I'm going to go with toasted with mayo is going to get soggy the slowest.

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          phrogpilot73 No fair😂😂😂 you with this cooking school thing. Yup! I had 6 weeks of sandwiches and 6 weeks of salads ugh!!!

I flipped and made burgers at a Wendy’s at age 17, and condiment order was something I had to memorize way back then, in 1982-83. The Microsoft one is best of the options given. But the tomato should be on top of the lettuce.

Comment

Why put lettuce on a burger?I do like onions,grilled or raw,grilled mushrooms are often involved,roasted garlic as well.
          Cheese is always melted on top other stuff on top of cheese mustard and ketchup on the bottom. the mayo stays in the fridge(it's for cold sandwiches!)in my humble unopinionated opinion!(maybe if it's getting too crowded on top some of that other stuff goes under the meat)
          And House Homey's burger looks damn good!

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Lettuce? It's a homage to healthiness (or a pacifying move)!

I think Homey wins this one hands down. I don't add tomato or lettuce, those belong in a salad. Love to add onion, preferably fried, mushrooms only if fried, ketchup and mayo.

Comment

Great something else to add to my OCD list - thanks!

Comment

The Apple burger is my preference. I absolutely want the lettuce on top of the bun because it prevents the bun from getting too soggy and falling apart.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here