Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sept 18th, National Cheeseburger Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sept 18th, National Cheeseburger Day!

So, put down those ribs! Close the dampers on that brisket you started last night! And start molding those patties, start cutting that cheese! (No, not THAT.)

Here at Chez Mosca we are going to do a repeat of yesterday, cheeseburgers with baked beans and potato salad. I'm doing mine with Cowboy Candy, fried onions, lettuce, tomato, and burger glop. My dad takes his with BBQ sauce, and Mrs Mosca is lettuce, tomato, fried onions, and ranch dressing!

Some cheeseburgers I have known: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	222010

Click image for larger version

Views:	143
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	222011

Views:	145
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	222012

i have been looking for a reason to do cheeseburgers.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

I'm doing steakhouse Steakburgers today as halftime food... Go Cardinals!

Comment

I am doing ground chuck burgers this evening but I was unaware it was National Cheeseburger Day. Mosca thanks for informing us. What kind of cheese do you prefer? I plan on enjoying with a Cigar City Jai Alai IPA. A great Florida Brew. Delicious looking pics!...Go Gators!

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            I like medium cheddar, but today it's monster (Muenster).

Well hell, since I'm on the road I'll have to stop at a cheeseburger joint. Go Buccaneers!

Comment

Steakhouse Steakburgers... Water & Fire. Easy peasy.😘

I bought 4lbs chuck roast and 1lb of bacon this morning. I ground the Chuck roast wrapping each piece with a strip of bacon. I seasoned the ground beef and then portioned them into 6oz patties. I put them in vacuum packed Sous Vide bags and dropped them in the hot tub @1:00pm that was set at 140°.

At halftime I took them out of the SV bags, blotted them dry, coated them with canola oil and put them on the grill plate on Scary Mary's stove top. Added cheddar cheese and built me a couple of burgers.👌

Store bought everything including buns.🙀 Today was all about easy peasy. Low labor, high quality - Halftime food.🤘
            Attached Files

Comment

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              Mmmmmm. Cheeseburgers.

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              Is that Corelleware in Shadow Iris? We've had that pattern since the '80s!

Ground chuck, bacon, Muenster, lettuce, a BIG tomato slice, fried onions, cowboy candy, and burger glop. Done on GrillGrates on a Weber kettle.

Happy National Cheeseburger day!

Views:	156
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	222205

Views:	144
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	222206

Comment

Beautiful! Mosca

Comment

I stop at Whataburger in Texas and got me a jalapeño deluxe double cheeseburger to celebrate national cheeseburger day. Click image for larger version

Views:	149
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	222263

Comment

It's funny to find this article after going to the restaurant I was at last night. I was at Legends Brewhouse and Eatery in Green Bay Wi. and got a double works burger (think that was the name). It was a mushroom/swiss cheeseburger on top of another bacon/cheeseburger topped with onion straws. I had no idea what I was getting into. I think the burgers must have been 1/3 to 1/2 a pound each before cooking. It's the first time I've ever used a knife and fork on a burger, it was literally too tall to eat! LOL

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love me some onion straws

I did two very basic hamburgers last night. I used some PBC beef rub. Came out pretty good. I forgot how salty that rub is. :/

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here