Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steakburger Recipe... confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steakburger Recipe... confusion

Hi All, I'm a new member so be sure to enlighten me and direct me to a previous post if this has already been discussed. I'm interested in making some dang good burgers. I read the steakburger recipe and tried my hand at it. I failed miserably on my first attempt. That's fine, I found some glaring holes of mine - I didn't season, and I allowed the flame to work on my burgers while searing over the SnS, which I now know is not encouraged. I'm also relatively new with the Weber kettle.

Just this morning, I watched the video on the Steakburger Recipe page (http://amazingribs.com/recipes/hambu...e_burgers.html), and the video is significantly different than the instructions. In the video the burgers are placed right over the direct heat side from the start and stay there until they reach an internal temp of 130-135 and are done. The instructions on the remainder of the page talk about the reverse sear process starting on the indirect side and waiting to put the burgers over the direct heat until the end.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

I did this a couple weeks ago - and I suspect the video may have skipped the indirect cook for time purposes. I cooked mine over indirect heat and my first burger flip (moving it to the sear) broke the burger into pieces because I didn't pack it tightly enough. That said, the burgers were still fantastic, just messy.

Comment

I like to reverse sear in a cast iron skillet over the direct side of the SNS which gives an old school crust and protects the burgers from direct flame.

Comment

Welcome TheGrizMan

Comment

TheGrizMan I too think the video just showed the sear portion of the cook. Welcome! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here