Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venison burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison burgers

I had venison burger in the freezer from last fall that I wanted to use up and I had been reading up on burgers, mostly what Meathead had to say and decided to make some tonight and they turned out pretty good. My wife is not fond of venison and she ate one and said it was ok. I mixed about 2# of venison burger with about 1#ground pork, added some KC BBQ sauce, some BBBR and some soya sauce, mixed it up and made some burgers. I cooked them for about an hour on my pellet smoker at 225F and when I took them off they were about 130F. I then fired up my gas grill to 450F and finished them on the grill. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	206243
    Attached Files

I have also ground in bacon with venison for a bacon burger flavor. Good stuff!

Comment

We like straight ground venison burgers. I just season them up add a little egg to help hold them together.

Comment

That is some good stuff. I did a half deer half bacon ends meatloaf one time.

Comment

I do a lot of ground venison. I use 90% LEAN venison & 10% beef fat trim (NOT kidney fat), from a place that only cuts choice or better grain finished beef. Just enough fat for flavor and to hold it together. Don't need extra fat to make it "juicy" because I can safely cook it to medium rare (I know how it was handled)! Then it doesn't get dry. Can't beat it!!! Most folks would never guess it is venison if not told.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here