Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diner burgers... What have I been waiting for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diner burgers... What have I been waiting for?

I came home and the cook book had fallen over and landed on the diner burger page... Being as it was National Burger Month I said: why not? What have I (and you) been waiting for? 80/20 chuck, Kaiser bun, my glop has been in the fridge for way over a year so we went ketchup only, L T O. Unreal. Typically make the 8 oz burgers but those days are over... This will be the new go to burger. Used the Weber griddle insert and some fat I rendered from a brisket, the rest was MH

😆... Burgers are as American as our flag.😆

Try making 2-4oz patties putting sharp cheddar cheese on both, then adding some caramelize onions on them with some of Meathead's glop.😆 you might want to add some sweet dill pickles, lettuce and slices of tomatoes.😆

Comment

• pittkappasig
      pittkappasig commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to man up and bake some brioche buns this summer...

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Brioche buns are a great marriage with Meathead's Steakhouse Steakburgers.😆👍

There's a recipe with instructions in the bread section in tested recipes on this site too.

• pittkappasig
      pittkappasig commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I've studied it, just feels like baking anything is an insurmountable task. I struggled with dough Blue Apron sent me, just stretching it lol

This post reminds me of a burger special I did some years ago. It was sold as a simple Portobello mushroom burger, but it was much more than that. We used portos for many things, and would obtain these ginormous porto mushrooms. I noticed that our standard ½ pound burger was about the same size as these porto caps. So, I would grill 2 porto caps, plus a burger, then take the 2 portos and sandwich the burger patty between the 2 porto caps, with swiss and caramelized onions added in the burger porto "stack." This stack was baked until the burger was to the temperature ordered. This was then served in standard burger fashion, as one would find in a steakhouse(which we were). Freaking deadly! At least for those who love mushrooms, that is. Good times...mostly...lol

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my...😋

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be my ideal burger!

I love diner burgers. Diner burgers on my gasser with grillgrates taste better to me than my first steakhouse burgers on my new charcoal grill. Maybe I just need to get more comfortable with the charcoal grill and tweak a few things? Dunno, but the diner burgers were beefier and much juicier. The steakhouse burgers were moist but those diner burgers literally oozed juicy goodness with every bite.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here