Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burger Press (patty maker)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burger Press (patty maker)

If you have one you love, and use, tell me about it, link even better! Thanks Brother

I’ve tried a few, but never been satisfied with any of them. For me, they are a solution in search of a problem.

If I had to make 50 patties, that would be a different situation, though. I might find it useful then; maybe one that makes them four at a time?

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. Love the avatar

This is what I use and it’s free….
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; June 14, 2023, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I got mine from Red Neck Rentals…….had a BOGO coupon.

• GolfGeezer
      GolfGeezer commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John Uh, a BOGO rental? May we inquire, with great trepidation, what the other Red Neck is doing? Inquiring minds and all that…

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahaha your avatar!!!

We have an old Tupperware burger press that I used to use, to crank out nice uniformly circular burgers, and it was easy to clean up. I am not even sure we have it anymore, as I think I've been making smash burgers for 3-4 years now! My wife or other folks randomly bought me other presses over the years, even a dual patty one, but I kept going back to that Tupperware one as it was simple and did the job, and was easier to release the patties from.

When I was a kid working at Wendy's (first job), I got the pleasure (?) of making patties using a big machine that I fed huge quantities of fresh ground beef into the top, and it slapped out square patties in a stack, separated by squares of waxed paper. I stacked those in metal trays, covered with plastic wrap and into a walk in cooler for that day's use.
    Last edited by jfmorris; June 14, 2023, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Sammy, actually I had a burger patty maker years ago and I might have used it once or twice. The thing is, I found after using it, I always reshaped the patties myself afterwards. It either wasn’t big enough for me or it was too fat or too thin. It actually took me longer to make the patties using it, than not. I also do a lot of smash burgers these days and to do that, you make a ball out of the meat first.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, that avatar is perfect for you.

• DavidNorcross
        DavidNorcross commented
        Editing a comment
        It really is a perfect avatar for you John. Your hair not quite that neat. Aside from that I agree…spot on

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        I was hoping y’all would like it….

I plan on getting the one:
      Serving up consistent, perfectly-sized burgers is made easy with our patty press. Why Choose VEVOR?. VEVOR Electric Pizza Dough Roller Sheeter Pastry Press Making Machine 4-16". Our patty press has been designed ergonomically, just press down the handle, and then release it, the patty is done.

Comment

• Alan Brice
        Alan Brice commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting.

I have a couple of rectangular cast iron presses. For burgers I only use them when making sliders on the Arteflame.

Comment

We've had a Tupperware burger press forever and use it anytime we make burgers. My wife loves it. It's simple, effective, and easy to clean. I don't know where to get one, but here is a picture of it. You can probably find something similar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	670806733_tp-3443490671.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1437012

Comment

• Carolyn
          Carolyn commented
          Editing a comment
          There are lots of them on Evilbay.
          I had one many years ago. They came with a stack of burger keepers.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          If you have any sort of griddle, or even a cast iron skillet, you owe it to yourself to try a smash burger at least once. Here's my goto recipe from the free side - I do them about 1/3 pound though, dividing each pound of ground beef into about 3 balls, after mixing in the ground pepper, onion and garlic powder.

Create the skinny, crispy edged burgers that you love at diners with this simple recipe for the Wimpy burger. Infinitely better than any mass produced quarter pounder, these homemade diner-style burgers are small disks, 4 ounces or less, pressed flat and cooked on a griddle to maximize the flavor and crispness.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Note that you DO need a good sharp edged metal spatula, as you want to SCRAPE that bad boy off the hot metal and take every bit of browned goodness with it when you flip it. I use a spatula with a beveled edge.

This is the one we have and use it regularly, but you do have to make sure you have enough in each press so that if fills the press (about 5oz). Otherwise, as Panhead John stated, you end up reshaping to account for the irregularities.

The other thing we have used is the bottom of a small salad plate, which was what a steakhouse I worked at as a teenager used.

Comment

Here is half of my burger press. The other half is currently in use. Anyway it looks exactly the same, only different.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230614_132550[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	989.4 KB ID:	1437078

Comment

• shify
            shify commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the same one! Maybe not identical but similar model!

• RlsRls
            RlsRls commented
            Editing a comment
            I got one just like that, except my thumb is on the other side!!

I will be honest. I have never understood the value of a burger press over my hands or a spatula especially since it is another thing to clean.

Comment

This works for me when I buy bulk burger and freeze the patties. httpAmazon.com: Weston Hamburger, Crabcake and sausage press.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	suh-smash-smash.gif
Views:	238
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	1437169
              Smash, Smash, Smash

Comment

I buy my burgers pre-pressed

Comment

I have this one. Don’t use it a ton. But it does work well and it’s easy to clean. You definitely want to use parchment paper on the top and bottom or the meat will stick.

Weston Hamburger, Crabcake and Sausage Press, Makes 4 1/2" In Diameter Patties, 1/4lb to 3/4lb, Patty Ejector https://a.co/d/fffUSKb

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here