Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to reheat a burger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to reheat a burger?

Made some smashburgers for dinner. The boy won't be home until close to 10. How can we reheat these things without drying them out completely?
    I'm thinking in a foil covered pan in a 200° oven for about 20 minutes or so.
    Thoughts?

Microwave with a damp paper towel for 30 seconds at a time until ready?

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      At 40-50% power too.

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Or... even 10-15 seconds at time at full power. It's what I do with an already cooked protein.

Shallow fry it.

Comment

A smashburger? 20 minutes in an oven will give you a paperweight. They take 1-2 min to cook from raw, so I’d either nuke ‘em, which I’m normally averse to, or re-sear them for 30 sec a side in a pan with a little oil.

Comment

If you have an air fryer, I’d try separating the bun from the burger and doing a quick air fry on both and then reassembling. Separating allows you to heat/toast the surfaces while also making everything thin enough to heat through quickly before drying out too much. If you have any other components (pickles etc) I’d replace for reassembly.

Caveat, I haven’t tried this. I’ve never seen a leftover smashburger. :-)

Comment

• Finster
          Finster commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks.
          Technically not leftover.
          He just wasnt home at dinner time

If you have two, you could rub them together for a minute.

Comment

Update...
          he's home earlier than expected.
          We went with the pan fry method.
          They already had cheese on them so flipping them was out. So warmed them in a pan with oil on low heat and put a lid on. About 2 minutes.
          got them warm, and the oil probably helped counter any dryness.
          he said they were good, but then again, a hungry 24 year old probably isn't the toughest critic....lol

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            No Pictures?

Problem is solved. But why should that keep me from adding my 2 cents. When I make smashburgers I almost always make 4 out of beef, and 4 out of ground pork. We have a lot of both to use up. With cheese. We have the leftovers over the next couple of days for lunch. About 30 seconds in the microwave will warm two of them up and remelt the cheese.

Comment

• Finster
            Finster commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know.
            thanks for adding.

Well now that that’s solved…
          What next?

Comment

• CHNeal
            CHNeal commented
            Editing a comment
            How to make Velvetta suck less?

CHNeal
          the obvious answer to that is smoked queso 😋

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed:
            (4) Smoked Queso - YouTube​
            (4) Smoked Queso On A Traeger Grill - YouTube
            (4) This is what I used to make SMOKED QUESO DIP - YouTube

Did not appear as links in comments so posted them here
          (4) Smoked Queso - YouTube
          (4) Smoked Queso On A Traeger Grill - YouTube
          (4) This is what I used to make SMOKED QUESO DIP - YouTube​​

Comment

30 seconds in microwave on high in an unsealed zip lock

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here