Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ground brisket for burgers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clark View Post
    Shame on all of you! That is blasphemy!! Grinding up delicious brisket should be outlawed in every state. You folks are grinding it, burning it, and then covering all of it's flavor with mustard, mayo, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green chiles, and probably catsup too.

Brisket should be savored by slicing it and eating with your fingers, or at worst, with a fork.
    Okay, I'll meet you half way and eat my ground brisket burgers with my hands, no forks allowed!

Comment

Yesterday's Angus burgers were both a hit and a miss. I take full responsibility for the cooking technique involved. Used a cull chimney of Weber Professional briquets, mainly so I can use up the bag and go back to Weber Originals.

These Angus patties from Fry's were a bit thicker than last week's brisket patties, although both were 1/2 pounders. Neither came in plastic wrapped meat tray, but were wrapped in butcher paper, so the difference may be due to being squished a bit when wrapped, I dunno.

The brisket patties were pre-mixed with seasoning, the Angus were not pre-seasoned. The brisket patties were far more flavorful and drier, but cooked well done. I cooked the Angus to medium to make them more juicy and tender, which they were. BUT, GW took her patty out and nuked it for 30 seconds 'cause ut wasn't done enough for her. Even my Angus patty did not compare to the well done brisket patty.

I need to adjust cooking time for brisket patties, but not by much. We love the seasoning the butcher used with the brisket patties (seen below), and we will likely go with them over the Angus patties, YMMV
      Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here