Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Crisp Success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Crisp Success!

Have not had a good apple crisp in a lot of years so I decided to give it a go and DAMN!!
    A real success Chalked up this morning.
    Just took it out of the oven, and it smells so good in here it is incredible.
    Still bubbling away so it's going to be a while for the final test of tasting this baby.
    Easy recipe snagged off the net. The hardest part was slicing, skinning, and dicing the apples.
    I was disappointed just a bit on the looks of the crumble and suspect I put too much on if there is such a thing as too much crumble. Taste of the crumble is excellent but I like the filling to bubble thru a little more than it did.
    Pic to follow if I can figure it out again.
    Last edited by Cheef; October 19, 2020, 11:39 AM.

Can't resist any longer.
    A pic before the taste test.
    Attached Files

Comment

That looks Great!!

Comment

One of my apple favorites,,,
        lookin’ good

Comment

I'm hungry!

Comment

Lookin' good.

Comment

I would have liked a little more apple bubble through but the taste was freaking awesome.
              The recipe did state that she was a fan of the crisp being plentiful.
              Last edited by Cheef; October 20, 2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here