Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warm Blackberry Cobbler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm Blackberry Cobbler

I looked around here and did not see anything here like this. This is an Emeril Lagasse recipe. And it is my favorite cobbler recipe. It should work with any fresh fruit.

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups sugar
    1 vanilla bean, halved, split and scraped of seeds
    2 eggs
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup almond flour (if you cannot find almond flour you can make it by placing almonds in the food processor and pulsing them until they are finely ground)
    4 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cups whole milk
    2 pints blackberries
    zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
    powdered sugar, for serving

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350º F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups of the sugar, vanilla bean seeds or extract, and the eggs.

In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.

Alternate whisking the dry ingredients and the milk into the egg mixture, whisking just until the batter comes together; don't over mix. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.

Coat the blackberries with lemon zest, juice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar and sprinkle the berries and juices over the top of the batter. Bake until the top is golden brown and cake has set, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Set aside to cool briefly before serving.

Serve warm, dusted with the powdered sugar and garnished with a scoop of Creole Cream Cheese Ice Cream.

Thanks for the recipe.

Comment

Sounds yummy!
      Thanks!

Comment

Blackberry is hands down my favorite cobbler. I will definitely be trying this one!

Comment

Yum! Someone needs to post a pic of this all prepared and lookin' purdy!

Comment

I came looking for a pic, kinda glad it wasn't here. Nothing worse than running to wolly world at 1 in the morning with light rain and 25 degrees. I guess -25 would be worse. hehehe

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Ick, subfreezing and rain is awful. 40 and rain is awful. I'd rather have our 5 degrees and snow than that.

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Ditto what Huskee said.

Makes me wonder about putting this in a dutch oven...

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180101_154702.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.68 MB ID:	434442
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20180101_161753.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.42 MB ID:	434443

Pictures, as requested. This is a doubled berry version of the recipe I did a couple days ago. I do not recommend doubling the fruit unless mussy cobbler does not bother you. I will not be doubling the fruit any more. Maybe one and a half times next time. In the background, some Hopin' John I made which was also a Emeril recipe.
              Last edited by lostclusters; January 4, 2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Mudkat
                Mudkat commented
                Editing a comment
                That'll hit the spot!

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Emeril’s the man....pork fat rules

• lostclusters
                lostclusters commented
                Editing a comment
                Bammmm!

I should have mentioned that the vanilla bean, almond flour, and the juice and zest takes this yumminess over the top!

Comment

Not a huge dessert fan, but that does look really good.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here