Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

peeled apple question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peeled apple question

making apple crisp for dessert tomorrow, if I peel apples and slice tonight how can I keep them from browning? thinking maybe vac. seal and keep in fridge? does the browning affect flavor? don't want to add acidity due to flavor change... thanks and appreciate any advice, Merry Christmas!!!

Soak them in a 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt per cup of water. However many cups it takes to cover. Soak them for 10 minutes and then rinse them off and store in a zip lock bag. Should do the trick.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s the way to do it!!!

I always use a little lemon juice, then rinse before use, but without acid, lonnie mac ‘s plan seems sound!

Comment

thanks fellow pitmasters! so nice to have a place to turn with food questions , MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        Merry Christmas!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here