Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excellent Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie

My mom made this ever since I was an itty-bitty thing. I love it. The source is an old Good Housekeeping cook book.

Chocolate Pecan Pie

Ingredients

3 eggs
    1/8 tsp salt
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 c sugar
    1 1/4 c white corn syrup
    1 1/2 c pecan pieces
    6 oz pkg chocolate chips
    one 9-inch pie crust

Directions

Preheat oven to 375°F

Beat eggs in a bowl. Add salt, vanilla, sugar, and corn syrup and beat until well blended.

Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.

Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust and bake about 45 minutes. The key here is that the filling should puff up and the pecan layer should start to crack a bit. If you don't cook it until it cracks, the filling will be too runny.

I like mine cooled down, even refrigerated, although the recipe says to cool until warm. The choice yours.

Serve plain, or add whipped cream, or ice cream, or...
    Last edited by Willy; August 11, 2016, 09:51 AM.

Sounds pretty awesome! I love chocolate, and I love pecan pie. Good combination.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here