Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much candy corn can you eat before you die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much candy corn can you eat before you die?

Joshua Trebach, MD is an emergency room physician and medical toxicologist based in New York. (Medical degree from Johns Hopkins.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 4.03.34 PM.png
Views:	297
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	1312515

Now you know.

Hopefully, 1 because after having to eat 1, I would wish for death.
    Last edited by Attjack; November 4, 2022, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Love candy 🌽. Not hip on the Halloween colors though.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup Jerod! The best fried cacklebirds is in a gas station, in Fond du Lac.

• Reds Fan 5
        Reds Fan 5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Candy corn is my least favorite candy. It’s basically candle wax. I have had some great fried chicken from gas stations.

• Jessterr
        Jessterr commented
        Editing a comment
        I love candy corn.

Candy corn is the worst confectioner’s offering invented. So, before I die, I will have zero candy corn.

rob
      Last edited by Rob whatever; October 22, 2022, 05:27 PM.

Comment

The History Guy has weighed in on the candy corn love/hate issue.

Comment

Sitting here watching John Wick and snacking…

Guess I should’a kept a count…
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Washblue; October 22, 2022, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Washblue
            Washblue commented
            Editing a comment
            You married right, Texas Larry !
            She knows what’s good!

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            You can keep the candy corn, but ill take the goobers!

• Washblue
            Washblue commented
            Editing a comment
            This ratio tastes like PayDay candy bars… texastweeter and a whole lot cheaper…

Well, not counting the extra trips to the Dollar General…
            Last edited by Washblue; October 23, 2022, 11:20 AM.

Hey ... I like the stuff ... so I guess that my answer to the original question would be: "Don't know yet".

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
            Michael_in_TX commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here....it's kinda my favorite candy. But I only eat a few per year.....

I Like the yellow color better than the orange and white since I was a little kid.

Comment

Stop feeding the gullet when you reach 1400 units and you should be good to go.

Comment

I hate that $#!+. Supposed to taste like honey, well I think it taste horrible. Gimme some black licorice anyday.

Comment

• Texas Larry
                Texas Larry commented
                Editing a comment
                +1 on black licorice, but I like candy corn too.

There was this poll back in 2019 about Halloween candy.

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                I can see Reece's being #1 and Snickers being high on the list. But Kit Kats should be up there too though. Hershey's is pretty terrible chocolate so unless it's being dipped in peanut butter no way it's even on my list.

• WayneT
                WayneT commented
                Editing a comment
                Attjack I concur with your completely objective assessment of Hershey's chocolate! Where's that vomit emoji?

Candy Corn and Good and Plenty need to go the way of the Dodo. Literally should be uninvented and washed under the sands of time.

Comment

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                See, and that's why you got made a moderator, smart man.

Wow! Peoples' passions have been stirred and there's a lot of candy corn hate going on here. I actually like the stuff but only eat it once a year. I get the Brach's 2.5 lb bag in late September and never touch the stuff again after Halloween.

Comment

According to the National Confectioners Association, an estimated 35 million pounds of candy corn are sold each year. This comes out to be around 9 billion kernels of candy corn produced annually.​
                Last edited by Washblue; October 23, 2022, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• WayneT
                  WayneT commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ummm, that's about 27 kernels per person per year in the US alone.

• Murdy
                  Murdy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's enough to kill over 6.3 million people.

Click image for larger version

Name:	313420398_5510903395652415_3969679809085741303_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Ud3ra6HQK9MAX87wnMS&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio2-1.fna&oh=00_AfCX0hciuDq46jgS2QMq143IM3nOAaFotJxbjUUHExurrQ&oe=6368A045.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1319568

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here