Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta brag on my girl's cookies....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta brag on my girl's cookies....

My oldest daughter has been making custom cookies for the past 2 years, even has the only cookie printer in North Alabama, and is able to print logos and custom stuff on her cookies. This was supplemental income, and those 2 kids (both engineers) along with a couple of side gigs paid off their entire 30 year mortgage on their first house in 2.5 years! She is now shuttering the cooking business, and selling her expensive printer, and brought me the last cookies off the printer for Father's Day on Sunday...

Note the BBQ or beer theme on all 3 of these cookies.... she actually had pre-sales and made a bunch of these "DAD" cookie boxes in different themes. I got the last of them...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8984.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.97 MB ID:	1240258

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8985.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.93 MB ID:	1240257

She had an extra "D" she brought along as well....

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8986.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.27 MB ID:	1240255

And finally, this is what was left after the other kids raided my bag of "Nacho Average Dad" cookies.... I think there were 9 cookies in a zip lock, and the kids left me 2, haha...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8988.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.77 MB ID:	1240256

These were all really GOOD sugar cookies with really good icing on them, then printed. The Nacho ones were then hand decorated.

I hate to see her cookie business shutting down, but 5000 mostly hand decorated cookies later, plus a ton of printed cookies, plus a full time job as an engineering manager, I can see her being burned out on it...
    Last edited by jfmorris; June 21, 2022, 01:17 PM.

Wow, they are super. Had I known, I'm sure I coulda sold some for her.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      She was just doing local pickup and delivery here in the Huntsville, Alabama area. I don't think she shipped orders. Weddings, parties, showers, events. Businesses and individuals were buying them. I know she sold a LOT of logo cookies to businesses for their events.

Those are great looking cookies. You’re a better man than I, letting your kids take 7 of the last 9 and leave you with just 2. You have a lot to be proud of.

Comment

Printed cookies. What a potential cool way to convey subliminal messages to people you really dislike.

You're giving them cookies, so looking too much into the messaging is like looking a gifted horse......

Comment

Ohmigosh, Jim, those cookies are a great gift! No wonder they helped to pay off the mortgage! Clever and highly sellable. I can see them with football and basketball team logos.

You must be so proud of your daughter and her husband for being so enterprising. I remember paying off a 30-year house mortgage in just a few years back in my younger single days, and it was such an amazing feeling. I remember thinking that pulling one's self up by the boot straps is a great learning experience, especially when young, because you have the knowledge that pretty much no matter what life throws at you, if you lose everything you can set your self right once again, because you had already done it once.

Plus I suspect that because your elder daughter came from the deep end of such a good gene pool, she already had a leg up on life.

Kathryn
        Last edited by fzxdoc; June 21, 2022, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I just wish *I* had been as wise and fiscally responsible as the eldest and her husband. I’m in the last 3 years of a mortgage, they paid it off in less than 3, and are totally debt free just before they turn 30. Cars paid off, student loans paid off, house paid off…

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          That's truly laudable, Jim. No wonder you're proud of that kid and her hubby. Not everyone can do that, but if it's possible, it's a great thing.

Kathryn

• Bkhuna
          Bkhuna commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry I didn't know about her business sooner. Would of loved to ordered Crimson Tide cookies to bring into my work place (full of Gator fans).

Those are awesome. My sister-in-law makes custom sugar cookies as a hobby. She hand decorates them and sells them for $100 a dozen, which I think is stupid crazy but people buy them.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes - she started hand decorating, then added the printed option, and much preferred folks to order those as they were much less labor intensive. Printer can handle a dozen at a time on a lazy Susan contraption. And the money folks pay is stupid, like 4-5 per cookie.

The cookies are great, but paying off a home in 2.5 years is incredible! Talk about doing something that will ease their path through life… Good for them - and you and your wife too!

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          They also paid off both their student loans, and a $32,000 car in just 3.5 years since they got married. Simply amazing.

A proud moment for you and congratulations to your children. Great job!

Comment

That's incredible artistry

Comment

That is a great story! I love the look of those cookies and because I eat with my eyes, I know they are delicious.

Comment

That looks great and I am sure you are very proud!

Comment

Those cookies are masterful! Unbelievably, truly masterful!

Comment

Very cool! What a cool gift and so much better than what I got for father’s day (a long car ride and Jimmy John’s). Your oldest is definitely worthy of some bragging and I’m amazed at their fiscal responsibility. I’m a believer if I can make more investing than it costs to borrow, I’ll take the loan. I’m worried those days are past and your daughter and SIL with those skills are way more prepared than lots of people twice their age for what could still be ahead.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don't hate on Jimmy John's....some of us are stuck with Subway.

I've also noticed that he started bragging on this cookie machine once we couldn't get any. 48 states are ALL local.

Comment

Those Cookies look great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here