Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Unspeakable...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never on steak. But it's rare that I eat a burger with anything but Heinz 57 on it (and some onions)

Comment

• Razor
      Razor commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes hamburgers taste like steak burgers, oh wait, wrong add.

I like a little A1 sauce with my steak. It doesn’t need it, but I think it does tie things together nicely though.

My brother, on the other hand, smothered the brisket that I had smoked perfectly with ketchup. When he was over for the holidays and prime rib that year, I found the rattiest, most freezer burnt piece of cube steak I could find and scorched it to almost charcoal so he could eat that (this was all done jokingly) without tainting good prime rib with ketchup.

Comment

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      So...did he enjoy his cube steak?

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG! He put catsup on your pristine brisket? And you still talk to him?

• USMCCrashCrew89
      USMCCrashCrew89 commented
      Editing a comment
      He’s still allowed over. We just lock up the ketchup before he comes in.

No steak sauce. Sometimes a horseradish sauce on some types of steak/beef. Never on a ribeye or NY strip but sometimes on a filet mignon or sirloin.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Horseradish sauce sounds much better than a steak sauce.

Board sauce or maybe a maitre de hotel butter or bleu cheese butter. But usually it’s just a bougie finishing salt.

ketchup on prime rib? My skin is still crawling. Reminds me of a time when I was visiting my sister and we went to dinner with another friend of hers. I spoiled us with a great bottle of red. The friend took her spoon, scooped ice out of the water glass and put it in the wine. I almost fainted.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I do that with my Boone’s Farm Strawberry Hill.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Lmao!

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve had friends like that.
      Heck, even my mum isn’t allowed near the good wine. LOL
      And that’s even after she broke my wine "code." ;-)

The ketchup on prime rib thing just kills me. My wife’s family dumps ketchup on everything. I mean everything. Gives me the willy’s. It took me nearly a decade to break her of the habit at all. She still uses it too often in my opinion but at least wayyy less than when we met.

Anyway, for steak, no steak sauce. Just mushrooms and onions sautéed in butter, garlic, and and Worcestershire sauce.

Comment

A tab of butter on top of my seasoned steak please. And if it needs it, more butter

Steak sauce is for tough, flavorless hunks of beef. I shed a tear for those who use it

Ketchup is for liver
      Last edited by TripleB; February 3, 2021, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Hey man. Whatever makes your boat float!

I’m not scared. In LOVE LOVE A-1. All kinds of other crap too.

When that A-1 mixes with your meat juice and butter from your baked potato... you get some tater sopping wet with that mix and DANNGGG! It’s good when the chives/green onion are poppin!

Load it up. Unfortunately I don’t eat A-1 or baked potatoes anymore. Sure has me rethinking it though.

Comment

• JakeT
          JakeT commented
          Editing a comment
          You're description sure sounds like a recovering addict!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          JakeT Still in recovery. Gained mobility from many previous different surgical
          locations. Gained muscle in the right places and lost about 120lbs. So yes, addict will work just fine. I eat like a champ these days too. Funny how that works. Love me some A-1.

If the steak is tough, overcooked or just in need of flavor, I’ll reach for L&P Worcestershire sauce. I’ve never really liked sauce on my steak. But am fine if people want to sauce it, it’s their steak....

My kids like a splash of Worcestershire on their’s no matter the steak’s condition.

But, if we’re talking chopped steak, I’m all about some A-1.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes!!

On the rare occasion if a board sauce is not created, it is only Boar and Castle..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boar and Castle.png
Views:	118
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	984589

Comment

I like to brush good steak with a zip sauce while it's reverse-searing. It adds a subtle layer of flavor. I also tend to order my steaks cut thick from the butcher.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here