Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got Anchovies Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got Anchovies Today

We went to Traders Joes and I looked down saw a variety of canned fish like sardines and anchovies. Picked up the anchovies. It has been a while. Salads, pizza and eggs to name a few. Anyone else? Ideas on how to use them.

I hope they're not contagious!

Comment

Like, by accident? Did you save the receipt?

Comment

• DavidNorcross
        DavidNorcross commented
        Editing a comment
        Laughing out loud….

• Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean, several of us end up with briskets just by accident so this really doesn't seem all that outside the realm of possibility.....

only thing I really like 'em on is Caesar salad, though I've heard they can be pulverized to add some amazing flavor to pasta sauces or soup bases.

Comment

pasta puttanesca, anything red sauce, anything heavy with a need for salt. Those are my first thoughts

Comment

How do anchovies relate to the 250-gallon cooker build? At least, that was my first thought seeing the title.

Comment

I love y'all. You are sick puppies just like me and that is one of the many reasons. Also, I do like the idea of the pasta sauce.

Comment

Open up the tin, walk over to the garbage and deposit them. Then double bag it and bring out to the curb

Outside of that, Caesar salad and puttanesca are the only two uses I have for anchovies.

Comment

I tried one. Early 90's, guy was married to my cousin, and gifted me a Blue Heeler. Someone I could trust?

Rotten fish soaked in a 200% solution of salt is all I tasted.

Rather just have Arsenic on my pizza, at least I'll die before another anchovy.

Comment

Pickled jalapeños and anchovies are something I once ate. Great for weight loss and some alone time crying in the bathroom.

Comment

Anchovies are great in Casar Salad dressing!
                    INGREDIENTS

UNITS: USPaired with Old Crow and PBR back

Comment

A couple of anchovies fried and melted on the bottom of the pot as you are building flavour in a Ragout can really add to the umami

Comment

....see a doctor and get rid of it.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	the jerk see a doctor1.gif
Views:	166
Size:	596.5 KB
ID:	1323606

Comment

Hahahaha this thread is cracking me up. Y’all are so supportive 😂

Comment

Every time I see threads on anchovy "hate" I can't help but wonder if the railing party likes Worcestershire sauce...............

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here