Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I made Bacon wrapped Chicken Burnt Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these look great, ssandy_561

would you cook them at the same temp next Time? do you think lower and slower would still work?

i ask because i had been planning doing beef and bacon burnt ends together, and was wondering if i could add on these beauties.

​​​​​

Comment

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      Now the bacon didn’t stay crispy after swimming in the pool but I think if I cooked them at a lower temperature the bacon would have not rendered out as much and it would have left it too chewy.

I could be completely wrong with this theory but that’s what I’m thinking.

• Schwyy
      Schwyy commented
      Editing a comment
      The higher temp definitely seems right but my laziness is thinking of just adding them in at 225 while I'm cooking the beef and pork.

this is such a great idea.

At first I thought you were talking about the part of the chicken that goes over the fence last--the pope's nose. Really," chicken burnt ends"?

they look amazing. Thank you. Great idea for the next Pot Luck, appetizer's, snakes, sides,

This may go viral on the internet, on the 5:00 news.

Last edited by bbqLuv; September 28, 2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I must and I will.
      Fantastic.

Comment

This looks great. I'm gonna make these next time we have a pot luck at work. Thanks.

Comment

That is brilliant! Will have to try it. Thanks for the write-up!

Comment

Yummy yum yum.

Kathryn

Comment

BACON

Comment

These look fantastic! Well done!

Comment

Yep...another have to try recipe....👍👍👍

Comment

Looks delicious and your pics and details were well laid out. Trying this for sure.

Comment

Oh wow! I have not seen these before. I bet these are amazing. I wish I woulda though of that.

Comment

• ssandy_561
                        ssandy_561 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I take no credit for the idea. I saw some guy make them on YouTube. I tweeked it a bit to align to my tastes but I take no credit for the concept.

GASP! What have you done to that chicken?

made it freeking delicious, that’s what you did there!

Fantasticoulous my friend. I am so gonna rip you off one of these days. I’m thinking thigh meat, panko and lard after the smoke and rendering.

these look delicious.

well played sir.

Comment

I promised myself I would try this recipe and I’m so glad I did. I used all the same ingredients but ended up using my Yoder 640 pellet smoker rather than the Weber kettle. The cook times in ssandy_561 and my cook were almost dead on. And the chicken breast remained moist with its protective bacon wrap. I roasted some cauliflower to go with some baked beans as sides. Great meal!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• ssandy_561
                          ssandy_561 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Glad you enjoyed them.

• Panhead John
                          Panhead John commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great way to liven up chicken breast! ssandy_561 I think a lot of people are gonna try this, and soon... because of you sir, boneless skinless chicken breast is gonna be the new toilet paper! .....(the next shortage).

I had to come back and find this thread! I made these over the summer while camping and they turned out awesome! My 10yo (that doesn't like sauce) came back many times for these. But I plan to make these to take to a Christmas Party we're going to this weekend.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	9E6B4FD4-8295-4C98-8E9C-C5929D544F1D.jpeg
Views:	185
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	1142564

Comment

I need to try to make these too. Great stuff!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here