Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

winner winner chicken dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winner winner chicken dinner

Got a whole spatched chicken on the smoke vault right now at 335. Its looking aweomse. Breast temp is 136 so its getting close. Pics to follow when done but yeah, im hungry.

I know the feeling.

Comment

I started carving before i remembered to take a pic. Simon and garfunkel rubbed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks delicious, but jus one servin, huh?
        Nice Job!

Comment

Leg for my dad, leg for the kid, which sadly leaves me with mostly white meat but im not really complaining.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I hate that, I always end up losing out on the dark meat myself

Buy leg quarters next time

What do you call a chicken with no legs? Dinner. Nice.

Comment

Local grocery will occasionally have chicken hind quarters for $0.67 - $0.76/lb. Almost free! Can't pass that up even though the wife doesn't much care for chicken... She's gone often enough that me & the dogs feast on legs & thighs when she's out of town! Breasts are great but necessarily from chickens...

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              At our place, hind-quarters are our go-to poultry!

Throw on a few tigh pieces with the whole chicken and everyone who likes it gets some dark meat. Looks great.

Comment

• grantgallagher
              grantgallagher commented
              Editing a comment
              Its usually fine because my wife does not dig the dark meat. My dad just happened to be over so i was outta luck. But that is a good idea, i did some thighs recently and they were so good using the ABC video and SnS.

We generally use the breasts for a salad o sammich the next day. Sophia or the princess will sometimes have a bit.

Around here we cage match for the wings.

HorseDoctor Like you say almost free. We generally have at least one pack each of thighs, legs andor quarters in the garage chest freezer. Great for quick oven cooks too with lots of crunchy skin

Comment

• HorseDoctor
              HorseDoctor commented
              Editing a comment
              At the risk of showing my age, back before "Buffalo wings" drove the wing market crazy, I can remember a college roommate and I frequently feasting on wings at $0.10/lb (yes 10 cents/#). Nobody else wanted them back in 1969!!!

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              HorseDoctor what month? I was either alive or not. I'm. July baby. Just poking fun! My grandma used to use them for stock along with the scraps. Good stuff but not at today's prices.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here