Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cook worked out in the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cook worked out in the end

My first smoke at my new post did not go quite as planned. Had 50 chicken quarters to cook and started at 11am to be finished plating and ready for 1pm. I had removed my gas burner after the last smoke to clean the oven and only put it back just before the cook. In short I struggled with getting my target temp of 160*C (325F) and the oven would not get higher than 200F. At around 12pm I figured out the prblem, the air adjustments at the venturi. Rectified that and the oven cooperated. Got the oven up to target and at 12:30 the chicken was 150F IT. Thank goodness we had heated the flat top in anticipation and finished the cook on it. The feedback on the chicken was great and most people were surprised that the smoking had taken place in my trailer. All ended well but the ride was a tad bumpy. Tomorrow 2 pork butts without the bumpy road.

Pic of the extra's had for supper by me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180418_154407.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	485292 The rescue equipment Click image for larger version

Name:	20180418_154658.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	485293

Glad you saved your cook, you can't beat a good flat top!

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm starting to learn / respect the versatility of a flat top

Nice save!! Things never go as planed.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      That's no exaggeration.

Great Job, brother!
    Despite adversity, ya pulled it off!

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Learning and fast at times

Adapt and overcome!!! Fantastic Idea. Bet the skin was GRRRRRREAT! Bravo!

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      The compliments said it all skin was awesome.

Nice job!

Comment

Nice looking skin on those babies.

Comment

Good job! I like the way that chicken looks being finished off on the flat top. Might have to try that myself sometime. Nice looking flat top btw!

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Worked out really good as was noted from the feedback / compliments

It’s cool the way you worked things out. Didn’t fold your tent, but persevered. It sounds like you are enjoying the fruits of your labor, again cool.

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Really having a ball especially the time i'm going to have upping my smoking abilities.

Great Save!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here