Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joetee View Post

Thank you. In about to find out in a few days. I'll be doing one on wed or early Thursday morning and then another one for the show bird for Thursday after noon. I'm guessing about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs for a 16 pound bird at about 325 grill temp. Is this about right?
    Let us know how it turned out. My 12 pounder cooked in 1 hour, 45 minutes. But my grill was hotter than 325.

Comment

Originally posted by BluesDaddy View Post

Let us know how it turned out. My 12 pounder cooked in 1 hour, 45 minutes. But my grill was hotter than 325.
      Well....
      My first turkey came out wonderful. I checked it at 2 1/2 hrs, it was 177° IT. Which wasn't bad. Grill temp maintained closely to 325-350°.
      I used Weber Briquettes in the SnS. Bottom half unlit, top half lit. Vents nearly closed top and bottom.
      2nd turkey, well, I messed up. I was confused on grill temp and thought it was too hot and kept trying to get the temp down. Well I was trying for 225° not 325°. I guess the bourbon caught up with me. LOL well after 2 1/2 hrs it wasn't Brown and inside temp was only 145.
      So then I realized what I had done and increased the temp back up to 325° or so and didn't check it often enough and was discussted with what I done and let it cook too long and dry out.
      ​​​​​
      But at least the first one was perfect. Lesson learned.

Oh... And I had to truss this 16 pound birds to keep them from rubbing the slow n sear.
      Last edited by Joetee; November 24, 2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

All right! One outta two ain't Joetee ! Mistakes make experts so gou're one step closer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudkat View Post
          All right! One outta two ain't Joetee ! Mistakes make experts so gou're one step closer!
          LOL yep. Most of my cooks are at 225° so I guess my first at 325° was easy to get confused on after a few Bourbons.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here