Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 minutes PBC chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks HC --

Daddgummit... I need some chickens now. I think I figured out how to do it with Kingsford blue... or come close anyway. I want to play.

Also, I have been toying with the idea of cutting a hole in the lid of the PBC and mounting an adjustable vent there. It would be really cool to get those high temps and not fiddle with the lid all the time. With one of those you could prolly leave both rebars in.

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      You can get high heat with blue bag if you go 1 to 1 ratio lit and unlit coals. Then let the unlit coals ignite in the basket before hanging the bird.

Originally posted by mtford72 View Post
    Ernest / Kathryn - I'm going to have to find Jerods customization post!
    I've got it, Matt, or at least one of them. It's from our days over on the general Pit Barrel Cooker forum.

John C's question: Is that an airflow modification at the top of that pic? Is that to increase temp w/out having to crack the lid?

Jerod's answer: Yeh, to a certain extent. If I don't get a really good light, like I did last night (twas half asleep), I still have to crack the lid for a little to get things rolling. Then the pipes help keep things rolling along.
    Some times I have to close up the pipes if things keep climbing too high.

The photo:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Jerod's air flow mod.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	36856

This gives you an idea of what it looks like. I'm sure Jerod will be along soon to post a nicer photo.

Kathryn

Edited to add: I just now saw where you brought Jerod's topic up on his mod here:

Good info and pics there.
    Last edited by fzxdoc; December 3, 2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

This is a very insightful post, and I do not even own a PBC. Many thanks for your time & effort here Ernest!

Comment

• HC in SC
        HC in SC commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, compared to all the babysitting on the ECB, the PBC can make a good cook out of anyone. Mine kept a solid 300 for about 7+ hours firt time use - following Noah' instructions. It fills a nice gap between the slow smoker and the gasser for me. Killer price and support for everything you get and its 100% made in the USA by a veteran. You out to try one just for giggles. I am sure you'll be impressed.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I considered it. But I like tending a fire, which is what drew me to the EOS. I think my next investment will be a Weber platinum performer to increase my baby Smokey Joe's capacity. Then someday a Primo XL. Not sure a PBC will find a spot with this lineup.

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey that's what The Pit is for!
        You're welcome,

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here