Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken quarters are on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken quarters are on...

Since the chicken thighs were only .88 lb @ Meijer yesterday I pick up a couple of bags to smoke on the Rec Tec this afternoon. I had to do a lot of trimming like removing the backbone and some extra skin. I let them marinated in Italian dressing for 8 hrs in the fridge then dust them with Suckle Busters BBQ rub. I will let you all know if I like the rub or not. All I can tell right now is that it has a good taste and smell to it. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0154.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	100384

Not a big fan of dark meat, unless it is grilled. I would 400 degree them dudes to death, then just eat all the skin.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      DARK MEAT IS THE BEST!!!

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know how to respond to the heresy of not liking dark meat, and that from two of my fav bbq peeps...

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't understand how one would prefer white over dark meat. Thighs are the best part of the chicken.

And through the miracle of time the chicken is done. The family and I thought it was the best chicken yet. The skin wasn't crispy crispy but it had a good bite through. The wife doesn't eat the skin anyway. As far as the rub goes it was pretty good. It had a little heat to it but I like some heat with chicken. Overall it was a successful cook. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0155.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	100411

Comment

If you are going to mention the miracle of time then you need to give a picture with you giving the chicken a thumbs up
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; August 2, 2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        OK Jerod Broussard I will make sure to do the thumbs up next time

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        And the thumbs up needs that little shake to it. LOL

Who's the chicken man? Looks great!

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee you're a great teacher and thanks

Looks great to me!! I love the dark meat. IMHO, thats the best part of any bird. Nice cook D-Dubs

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Spinaker and I also agreed with you on the dark meat

Dark meat rules! Looks good!

Comment

DWCowles I could go medieval on those quarters, no plate or utensils. Very good looking bird.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here