Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I decided to be 'ambitious' this AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karon Adams
    commented on 's reply
    the best artists rarely are willing to do that. they are the slush readers, editors, studio musicians, backup singers. art for a living is not only unforgiving but exhausting. and it is heartbreaking and doesn't pay well. the folks who do are not in it for the money

• Karon Adams
    commented on 's reply
    folks who don't do it don't know that the enscorceled silence at the end of a piece is the most satisfying thing. but, there are people who simply NEED that kind of feedback. they can't live without it. THOSE are the poeple you know. the ones who are willing to be away for 300 days a year and play the same song over and over and over, cook the same dish every night,

• Karon Adams
    commented on 's reply
    I LOVE music and I am in AWE of Freddie Mercury. but, I know in my heart, the greatest music, the finest painters, the best writers are people you will never ever hear from. people who succeed in these fields are generally folks who NEED something from the art.

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    As a photographer/artist...I get asked a LOT by friends... "How can their kid do the same..?" My reply is generally something along the lines of, "Have their head examined. If they’re found to be "not quite right’ they MIGHT be able to pull it off.” LOL "Otherwise, get a "real’ job.”

• Karon Adams
    commented on 's reply
    I have and have had MANY friends who were professional writers. when they are out, people ALWAYS ask them how to become writers (cause everyone thinks they will be Stephen King) and most of them always say, "If you CAN do ANYTHING else to make a living, do THAT. ONLY write if you CAN'T not write." one of my dearest friends, besides being a great and well known author, died penniless.

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    It really is every bit as good as it sounds.
    And the house smoked bacon is more akin to the Canadian variety rather than crispy American bacon. Though either could obviously work.

Well I know what I’m fixing when I get back home. LOL

• Karon Adams
    commented on 's reply
    Sauces are also a specialty of mine. I LOVE them. for anything. and I make some in ways most folks don't even consider but have proven incredibly DELISH!

• Karon Adams
    commented on 's reply
    That sounds AMAZING! I just happen to ADORE crab!!

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    Aaaaahhhhh! Dill?! Shhhh! The secret ingredient. LOL
    I too specialized in sauces in school. They can make & break just about everything.

• PappyBBQ
    replied
    Sounds divine! Sauce was MY thing at Culinary School. LOVE playing with them to this day. One thing I always add to my EB, and I'm giving away my winning secret here, is a slice of roasted heirloom tomato. Slice them tom-toms pretty thick (1/2 in or so), place them is a glass baking dish, drizzle with your favorite oil, add your favorite seasonings (for me just S & P and some fresh parsley) and place under broiler until done. Add that to your stack. I also like adding dill to the hollandaise now and again. Ah the possibilities!

Leave a comment:

• jecucolo
    replied
    Very nice recipe but Can I buy you an e?

Leave a comment:

• Karon Adams
    commented on 's reply
    too bloody early for pics and the Y had to go make someone mad. But, JUST for you guys, I'll try to make it again, maybe as a brunch for Sunday (we're building a greenhouse, today) and take some pics.

• Karon Adams
    commented on 's reply
    It is not that hard a souce. using butter, egg yolk and lemon juice. the water can become a juice, the lemon can be any number of vinegars, flavored or not, the butter can be infused with all sorts of flavors and you can simply add in finely chopped whatever you like. of course, classic hollandaise is used with fish as it is the perfect vehicle for lemon and makes even a dry fish taste rich

• Karon Adams
    commented on 's reply
    I'm never a fan of dropping straight from the shell (Sorry, Gordon) I always crack mine into a ramekin and if the yolks are good, I'll THEN drop them into the whirling vortex. which carries the loose which away and wraps the tight white evenly around the yolk

• Steve B
    replied
    You’re teasing us. No pics?? I’m hungry now and don’t even know what I’m supposed to be eating. 😎

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here