Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would YOU put on a kielbasa and egg breakfast sandwich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would YOU put on a kielbasa and egg breakfast sandwich?

It’s something I was thinking about. If I were making an egg sandwich, I’d do the classic lettuce, tomato, and thinly sliced onion, with mayo. If I were making a kielbasa sandwich, I’d do either fried onions and peppers and yellow mustard, or sauerkraut and brown mustard.

But. The egg and kielbasa go together. But eggs and mustard, uh, I don’t think so. And kielbasa with LTM, well, that would work I guess, but it wouldn’t be optimal I don’t think.

Right now my mind is thinking: fried egg over medium, grilled kielbasa, and fried onions and peppers, with a melted slice of mild cheese, and maybe ketchup, or bbq sauce. On sprouted whole grain wheat toast.

Caramelized onions, pan fried mushrooms, and a poached eggs down for the sauce. Or, a grilled egg and cheese sammich on sourdough, with your kielbasa on it as well.
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; April 20, 2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Melted American cheese. Mayo. On sourdough toast. Yum.

Comment

Don't forget the hot sauce!

Comment

American cheese, bbq sauce, hot sauce (or hot bbq sauce).

Comment

If I were making an egg sandwich, I’d do the classic lettuce, tomato, and thinly sliced onion, with mayo
            You'd do what????

I'm of the opinion that egg sandwiches need nothing more than melted cheese and hot sauce. With kielbasa, I'd probably go fried eggs, swiss cheese and hot sauce on a kaiser roll

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
              DogFaced PonySoldier commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll second this! Maybe a meat. No need for any kind of rabbit food on a breakfast sammich of any kind!

• SheilaAnn
              SheilaAnn commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you @shify

Egg sandwiches are egg and cheese and bread.

(You know it’s coming) and for the love of bbq, no ketchup! 🤣

Maybe Dijon mustard would give you a nod to both mayo and mustard and tie together the egg & kielbasa. So, Dijon, Swiss cheese, and onions (raw or fried to taste). Green peppers work with both eggs and sausage, so though I wouldn't necessarily work that in with my suggestion, I can see it working some how.

Comment

Why not luxe it out with an infused hollandaise. I think shallots is how I’d roll that.

Comment

Cheese, onions and spicy Mayo.

Comment

Well, bacon goes with anything...

Comment

I’m thinking 2 pieces of the thick Texas toast browned in the skillet with garlic butter. Next would need to be Swiss cheese, then kielbasa, sunny side up egg, sautéed sweet onion, and more Swiss cheese. Here is where my taste may differ from others. Just a small amount of Catalina dressing. Not enough to hide any other flavors just enough to brighten it up.

Comment

Eggs over easy, or sunny side up, and let the runny yokes do the talking
                      Last edited by bbqLuv; April 20, 2022, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Bbqmikeg
                        Bbqmikeg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yea, and put it on a fresh toasted bagel and rip into that sucker!

I cannot believe I would be the first to suggest, have your veggies on the side. Add some bacon n smother the whole shebang w/ black pepper gravy. Whoop whoop! Bread or biscuits that is the difficult part. Yum

Comment

Havin been raised on the stuff, nuthin. Maybe a little horse radish.

Comment

When I make scrambled eggs I always saute some mushrooms and cherry tomatoes (just till they blister). I would try to figure out a way to add them to the "Ultimate Egg Sammy".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here