Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wartface gets propped at Stella Culinary for his brioche buns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

_John_ ...

Yes I changed my screen name from Wartface to Breadhead a couple of weeks ago.

Brioche is a very difficult dough to handle because it has 30% of the weight of the flour as butter. Your hands are 98.6° and when you touch the dough the butter will soften up quickly. Historically baker's do portion the dough and put it back in the fridge and then final shape it quickly. I've experienced this problem before with this recipe, not always, and I did exactly what you're thinking. Portion it and put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Take out half of it and final shape then take out the remaining dough and final shape it. Spraying your hands with oil is not the best technique. Oil on you work surface will make final shaping difficult the ball of dough will slide on the slick surface. Try keeping your hands wet with water. You want the dough to drag on the work surface a little bit.

I hope that helps.👍
    Last edited by Breadhead; September 19, 2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• _John_
      _John_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I'll give it a try next time. Next I need some dinner rolls to go with my steak.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by Breadhead; September 20, 2015, 08:45 AM.

_John_ ... this Brioche recipe makes great dinner rolls but it must ferment overnight in the fridge.

I have another one that is a faux Brioche recipe that is very good also. It can be done in 4 hours total. This one needs no overnight fermentation. They have the exact same appearance but this one produces a softer roll.

Comment

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look great!

I bet with all the butter... the food police would like to have a little chat with you! Hahahahaha

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here