Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy as Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy as Pie

Mosca made a delicious looking banana "cake" and I was committed to making one today. Got me some bananas from the store and that's as far as I got with the recipe. I was keen but the rest of me was unwilling. I'm sure it's got something to do with the house arrest thing.
    I have made this Apple Pie on numerous occasions but haven't in a while and because it's easy as pie my energy allowed me.

You can use unsweetened tinned pie apples but I prefer using fresh. I usually use 3 apple's but had only 2 in stock so I added 1 of the bananas I got earlier.

Put the apple slices in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with loads of Brown sugar and cinnamon. You can add some raisins if you choose and some rum if it's been a long day.
    In a bowl, mix 1 cup self raising flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup oil (EEEEK!), 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla essence.

Pour the sticky batter over the apples and bake at 180C for 30 minutes. I switch off the oven crack the door slightly to let it cool.
    This is very yummy served with ice cream while it's still a little warm. It has a lovely crust on top with a sweet and gooey inside.

​

​

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200419_203228.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	834754

Looks really good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here