Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bread making by the steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Richard Chrz .

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!. Looking forward to seeing your methods, your bread always looks great. I use King Arthur flour too (50% whole wheat and 50% unbleached all purpose). I haven't started a wild starter because we have a lot of bad stuff in the air here in SE Texas (I tried once - not a good outcome). I have a few cultures that I keep going: King Arthur's, Carl Griffith's, and two from sourdo.com.
    Last edited by 58limited; February 1, 2020, 08:06 PM.

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto

• ScottyC13
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Well, here is a link if you are bored and care to follow along, no promises on anything other then I will take this through to 2 separate bread bakes, one that somewhat follows the standard time lines, and one that follows my lazy and have too much time . Remember, I am new to this myself, so if you are looking for really good advice and plans. I suggest you purchase one of the many great books out there. timeline. https://richardchrz.blogspot.com/

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Personally I think a few of you are going to be disappointed, I have no magical or steps that go "beyond" I have the luxury of time, I am an extremely patient purpose that believes in the process, and I consider every bake a success of the elements of that bake. With that being said, I am looking forward to documenting all of this. I may go through the essential equipment and the would be nice to have equipment as early as tomorrow or Wednesday. I need to get my mind engaged in it, But we have contractors coming to our house today, and I need to file some tax reports for my wife's business as well.

Leave a comment:

• Jim White
    replied
    By all means, please share the link with us when you are ready. It will be fascinating to see the level of detail in your planning. I often go into a cook with the feeling that I have thought it through well, only to find that I have barged ahead on some aspects that leave me unprepared when a critical step suddenly arrives. I think that seeing your discipline in settling those details ahead of time will be a huge help to many of us regardless of our mobility level.

Leave a comment:

• Sam6687
    replied
    any insight into how you make your amazing bread is welcome news to me. SIgn me up.

Leave a comment:

• ScottyC13
    replied
    I would be interested in the blog as well Richard Chrz I am just starting out with bread making and have read two of Peter Reinhart's books and done a few bakes, but the results are just of bit off in texture, especially with whole wheat. Your bakes are like works of art!

Leave a comment:

• Red Man
    replied
    I’d be interested in the blog!

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    This is great Richard. I can't wait to follow your blog! Thanks, you are an inspiration to many of us!

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    Count me in!

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    replied
    I would love to view your blog and see how you make bread. I've been making sourdough for a few years, off and on. I've read your posts and it looks like you have far surpassed me and my meager skills.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    + 1

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I will post it once I have officially made my first post. Thank you for your interest. Hopefully it is interesting, or at least informative. . lol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here