Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're BAKING

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    12" pepperoni, red sauce, mozzarella, feta, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, black olives and shredded parmesan around the rim. Made this ahead of time to reheat on Monday.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	90B8341D-EEE1-4F2F-A93F-DBCC59E70326.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	1879268

    ​ Click image for larger version

Name:	0343C772-7508-4C0F-8549-DDA40E2EEF5B.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	1879269

    Then... This was my first attempt at Calzone. I told the wife that I was going to make Pizza in a Blanket.
    Pepperoni, red sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, shredded parmesan, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and black olives.
    ​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	22A1DDF4-43D0-4E77-9A84-A9C37F7574A4.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1879270 Click image for larger version

Name:	612C595A-74B3-4565-BF37-2D6F27A57A77.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	1879271 Click image for larger version

Name:	4E1ABF50-992D-46CA-AEC5-8516F34EA097.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1879272

    Comment


    • treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      You're really acing those pizzas there, Ace.

    Today’s sourdough bread! I am glad to be in a good enough rhythm in this new place to be back to baking. This is my third set since moving and first time I actually took a picture.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2208.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	5.14 MB
ID:	1881083

    Comment


    • Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great, and I see a great kettle in the background for making some tea too.

    • J-Melt
      J-Melt commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! I use it to do a pour over every morning as well!

    Easy peasy chocolate pie.

    Every year I make cherry tarts for one of our oldest friends - a friend for 50 years for her birthday.. There are always some small scraps of pie dough left over, and I normally bake them along with the tarts. The scraps usually get a dollop of whatever preserves we have in the fridge to make a bite of pie, but this time I went looking for something else and found a jar of Hershey's hot fudge in the back of the fridge and figured why not? I did heat up the hot fudge a bit to take the chill off, spread some on a piece of the scrap crust and it was great. If you use a store bought crust, it would be even easier. It will stiffen up when it reaches room temp, or it could be refrigerated too, but then it would be pretty stiff.

    So now I'm thinkin' that I could blind bake a pie crust, heat the hot fudge a bit to make it easier to spread, and spoon it into the crust. Maybe add some whipped cream too.

    Has anyone ever tried this?

    Sorry, but no photos.

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds fun! When we were little, we had chocolate pie made with pudding.

    I dropped off 2 loaves this morning for my favorite nurses and team in the infusion department, i had not baked in a few months, was hoping everything was still fresh in mind.

    Not shown were a couple ciabattas for my wife and I, and my wife's mom.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	35F2112E-B7F7-4CE2-99D0-422E6E0F8490.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	1881539



    Comment


    • Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Food as art! They’re beautiful Richard. I’ll bet the nurses are happy!

    Wife's first attempt at Sourdough bread. Her sister-in-law is quite the baker, and had offered to give her some starter, and then come by and show her how to make it.

    The good news is, since my mother was a better than average cook and a great baker, we already had most of the supplies to make this happen.

    On Saturday, they took over the kitchen and viola! produced what I would call, a very good first attempt. Tasty, and will be using for a sandwich or two this week!

    We're working on the crust, attempting to make it a little more golden next time.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2026-08-29 - Sourdough Bread First Attempt.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	4.17 MB
ID:	1881542

    Comment


    • Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome!

    • Ace
      Ace commented
      Editing a comment
      This looks sooo good... She did a great job. 👍👍👍

    Have you all seen some of the social media posts discussing a bread starter that traveled the Oregon Trail, traced back to 1847? Who knows about the legitimacy of the posts, but thought it was pretty cool if it is real. You can get it for free from some of the posts I’ve seen.

    Just thought I’d ask all you bakers!

    Comment


    All of those beautiful breads you folks make. I love bread but dough and I do not get along.

    Comment


    Oatmeal raisin cookies, my wife’s favorite cookie.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3238.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	5.84 MB
ID:	1882816

    Comment


    • Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      I like those too. I remember the first one I had as a child. I remember saying to mom” those aren’t chocolate chips” I was upset.

    3 friends and I get together once a month and it's my turn. We usually have one person pick the restaurant and pay for everyone. With the person paying also picking the restaurant, they can't complain that the restaurant picked was too expensive, and having one person pay makes it much easier than trying to divide the bill.

    Anyway, they have been asking me to cook instead of picking a restaurant. I said OK. I'm gonna make smoked cheesesteak sammys with fries and another YTBD side.

    I make the sub rolls yesterday:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4772[1].jpg
Views:	81
Size:	3.91 MB
ID:	1886187

    Comment


    • RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      You can with practice. Here's a good place to start:


    • WI Bubba
      WI Bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      83% hydration and 7g of yeast? Yeah, that should be ready to go in a jiffy.
      Somewhere in the kneading or proofing, I'm doing something wrong and can't ever get a decent crumb or oven spring. I always usually end up with a very dense, flat, tough loaf.

    • RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      WI Bubba - there are some very good bakers here and if you post your process, they might be able to help.

    Homemade challah bread!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260619_153201725_HDR.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	1886610

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20260828_124701831.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	1886611

    Comment


    • SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Wowza!

    • Draznnl
      Draznnl commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks great.

    • cruiseplanner1
      cruiseplanner1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice.

    Another blueberry pie for this afternoon. Going to fire up the stick burner and I have one slab of beef ribs and two baby back to get ready for dinner tonight. Also nine short ribs. Click image for larger version

Name:	Pie.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	509.6 KB
ID:	1887364

    Comment


      Bread production form Saturday. Everyday French bread from KABOB. Pumpernickel boule.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3463.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	1889293

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3457.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	1889294

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3458.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	1889295

      Comment


      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are so pretty. Dang and I cannot make a frozen bread!

      I apologize in advance if this link below is hiding behind a paywall. The NYT featured this recipe for Apple Cider Donuts and I thought I'd give it a try this weekend.

      I deviated a bit from the recipe by using my milled whole wheat flour (sifted out the bran). I also cut the sugar in half, and I reduced the apple cider to half its original volume via stove top. Then I further reduced it to make a glaze to go on top with coconut sugar and cinnamon.

      Last Thursday I didn't even know I needed a silicone donut mold for baking. Now I have donuts!



      Click image for larger version

Name:	image186205.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	720.0 KB
ID:	1891210​
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image186207.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	698.7 KB
ID:	1891211​

      Comment


      • Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the recipe for the doughnuts I bake for our annual cider pressing event. They are wonderful. I freeze apple cider from each year’s pressing just to make some for the next. For the event I bake 5-6 dozen. Looks delicious. Well done sir.

      • cruiseplanner1
        cruiseplanner1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Another way around those pay firewalls (of which I just did to print this recipe) is to click on the Reading mode tab on your task bar. Mine is located right next to the favorites star. So I guess I will have to order a silicone baking pan because these look great and all my old friends at the church will love them for coffee.

      • SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I want a donut.

    Announcement

    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    0
    Guest
    Guest
    500
    ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
    7