Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"How would you like your Steak?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

medium rare,I like thick ribeye's. I go medium rare on burgers as well(unless it's a smash burger)

Comment

My ideal is med rare. I'd prefer to be on the rare side rather on the well done side if I don't get my perfect med rare.

Comment

'Medium' Kinda Guy, here...

Thin pink in middle=Otay, fer me.

Comment

latenight71 I’m about the same as you on temps. Daddy would treat us every now and again with ribeyes. And it was always super special to dip his homemade fries in the steak juices. To y’all’s point, I rarely order steaks out anymore. I can do tons better myself.

Comment

SheilaAnn - I refuse to go out for steak, actually (which was easy in 2020...😭). It's just not worth the price charged if you know how to prepare a steak and can source good meat.

Comment

I would take a really good steak bleau, but from restaurants I prefer med-rare. Some cuts actually do shine at well done.. everything hinges on "it depends"

Comment

I have been eating all of my beef at about medium these days. It just sits better in me. I prefer mid rare and some rare but it doesn’t sit well anymore so medium it is.

If I miss the mark and undershoot.... oops. Oh well.

When you have quality beef medium is damn well tender and juicy if you didn’t wreck it.

Turns out I have accidentally not had beef in at least a week. (I think) Maybe two. Just worked out that way.

Plenty of chicken, fish (ahi)and pork belly though.

My first ex father in law would get rip roaring wasted leading up to the "bbq" dinner crescendo on the gasser and let them rip. They would all have to go back on the grill as they we about blue and burnt. MIL baked taters were always the hit.

Comment

Medium rare please.

Comment

Medium rare. One of the reasons I leaned all this stuff to get consistent results. Sous vide, sear, done. Thermopen mk IV for verification. And my favorite saying...Jesus cries when you over cook meat...

Comment

Anywhere from medium rare to medium is perfect, but like others said I will eat it anyway it is cooked. For some reason I still prefer prime rib a bit closer to medium well. Guess that comes from growing up eating well done meat.

Comment

Med to Med rare though I will eat anything as long as it’s not purple. Sirloin was the only steak we ate (very rarely) when I was growing up and it was always (over) done in the oven (not grill). My first ribeye (a delmonico) steak was a revelation as were filet mignon, chateaubriand, and prime rib. Don’t get steak out much now except at a place like Morton’s. I think I do a better steak at home than most wannabe steak houses.

Comment

• chudzikb
                          chudzikb commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And with that comment you have touched on a real thing, being able to cook it much better at home than when going out. Kind of takes whole food groups off the menu when looking for a place to go eat.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here