Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oakridge BBQ Black OPS Brisket Rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oakridge BBQ Black OPS Brisket Rub

I ordered a pound of the Black OPS brisket rub and it should be delivered tomorrow. My limited experience with rubs is that just plain salt is just as good on the brisket, ribs, and chicken I've made comparisons with. I usually salt the night before and keep it refrigerated for 12-15 hours. Anyway, the reviews for the Black Ops rub are excellent, and indicate that it significantly improves the flavor and bark on brisket. I plan to smoke a 14-16 pound CAB in my Backwoods G2 Party. I will separate the point and flat, and put the rub on the flat but not on the point for comparison. This is a warm up for my son, Michael's 33rd birthday party on August 1. For that I plan to smoke a Snake River Farms Wagyu brisket. The test on the CAB will determine whether I use the Black OPS rub. It's projected to rain everyday this coming week, so it might be a few days before I can smoke the CAB. But I will share my results.

Has anyone in the group ever used Black OPS brisket rub? If so, what is your opinion of it?

I've got some but have yet to use it. I bought it on the recommendation of some of the folks here. Let us know how your brisket cook turns out.

Kathryn

Comment

I put that Oakridge BBQ Black Ops brisket rub on a Wagyu brisket last weekend. The brisket and the rub was fantastic! I still got some of the rub left over and I have 2 beef short ribs that I will be smoking Tuesday so I'm planning on trying the rub out on one of them.
      Last edited by DWCowles; July 12, 2015, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Its the only rub I ever use. As far as I am concerned. It is the greatest rub of all time. I would use it everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. The Bark formation, flavor profile, aroma etc. are unparalleled in my experience. If I was doing a Wagyu Briz its the only rub I would use. I've posted this pic many times before, but its a pretty good illustration of what to expect.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3047.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	96202 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3045.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	96203 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3415.JPG
Views:	433
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	96204

Comment

Spinaker have you try it on beef short ribs?

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Unfortunately no, but i would go for it. I bet is would be awesome. DWCowles

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            I will let you know Tuesday

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here